Jump to content

Mel Kiper at it again with the falcons selecting ...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we trade up for a qb, I'm deleting my ******* account.

If this draft is as stacked as advertised at QB, why in God's name would we trade up for one?

When a media turd has nothing of actual substance to add to a conversation, they just pull wild crap outta their behinds to get the fan base riled up & talking about what they said. They don't

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Rings said:

In fairness, the draft coverage is what it is today because of Kiper.  It wouldn’t be anywhere close to how we know it today without him, so they didn’t hire him for hot takes, he used to be much more on point.  

That said, he is a joke now and one I don’t take very seriously at all, but I’ll still give him credit for earlier in his career when he actually studied tape and knew what he was talking about.

He’s the reason I watch NFL Network’s draft coverage instead of ESPN’s.  McShay is fine, like Riddick a lot, but can’t stand Kiper and Booger.  I’ll take Daniel Jermiah, Esien, Charles Davis and David Shaw any day.  Although I do miss Mayock on there, and I could do without Bucky Brooks terrible takes.

Kiper is the Godfather of the modern draft.  Dude made a nice career of it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we trade up for anyone, probably including Lawrence (but I might give that one a pass), I'm going to be furious.  We have 37 players under contract and we're $20 million over the cap.  The last thing we need to do is field 43 players, including a rookie QB who isn't going to play.

We trade up for a QB, we'd better be trading Ryan, and honestly, that is a bad move IMHO, but it's better than keeping him and a rookie with no picks in the draft because we burned them all trading up.  Honestly, we'd probably better trade Julio too.  We'd need cap room to sign players just to field a team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

If we trade up for anyone, probably including Lawrence (but I might give that one a pass), I'm going to be furious.  We have 37 players under contract and we're $20 million over the cap.  The last thing we need to do is field 43 players, including a rookie QB who isn't going to play.

We trade up for a QB, we'd better be trading Ryan, and honestly, that is a bad move IMHO, but it's better than keeping him and a rookie with no picks in the draft because we burned them all trading up.  Honestly, we'd probably better trade Julio too.  We'd need cap room to sign players just to field a team.

On the bright side, we could potentially get a ton of undrafted free agents 😆 They could easily come in and contribute!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

On the bright side, we could potentially get a ton of undrafted free agents 😆 They could easily come in and contribute!

Nothing like having to start UDFA linebackers again.  Or lineman.  Or have them as developmental QBs that never see the field and take up space.  😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

On the bright side, we could potentially get a ton of undrafted free agents 😆 They could easily come in and contribute!

Thing is, some of them actually will.  It's just (as you rightly are aware), most of them probably won't.  Maybe 1 or 2.

If we draft a QB we're blowing the team up within a season or two.  If we trade up for one, we need to be blowing it up right now.  We can't afford to do otherwise I don't think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Chase to Eagles makes sense.

 

Eagles literally have no WRs. They released Alshon Jeffery.

Reager is their Tak. In 2 years the sunshine and rainbow fans (do the eagles have those?) will be referencing injuries and how he’s still young blah blah blah. But the whole league will still be like, bruh... ya dun f’d up. Own it.

Edited by Akod2017
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Thing is, some of them actually will.  It's just (as you rightly are aware), most of them probably won't.  Maybe 1 or 2.

If we draft a QB we're blowing the team up within a season or two.  If we trade up for one, we need to be blowing it up right now.  We can't afford to do otherwise I don't think.

Something would definitely have to give. We can’t do it all!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

We got good coaches! 🤷🏾‍♂️ I’m an optimist!

All things considered, that really matters.  Not to say it's common, but each year only @ 250 kids are selected each year.  There's 1600 players in the NFL and that number changes often.  You have to find talent wherever it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of these mock drafts are meaningless, fun to follow, but meaningless.  A guy puts out several mock drafts around draft time and the first one is actually how he/she thinks things will go, great.  After that if they keep putting out the same mock that'd get boring and monotonous.  These mocks have become nothing more that click bait or attention grabbers.  Take them with a grain of salt

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would absolutely hate the move. But I would be entertained since it would be the ballsiest move that I can recall seeing in the Draft, except maybe drafting a kicker in the First? Trading up to 2 overall for a player that will sit one season and cost you 17 million in dead cap the next. Amazing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Hope it happens just so I can see the reactions.  
 

It’s a trade you’d hate until you win a SB.  Then everyone would say they knew it all along

Seems kind of silly to assume that result

Analysis is based on reality of the present

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...