Mel Kiper at it again with the falcons selecting ...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we trade up for a qb, I'm deleting my ******* account.

If this draft is as stacked as advertised at QB, why in God's name would we trade up for one?

When a media turd has nothing of actual substance to add to a conversation, they just pull wild crap outta their behinds to get the fan base riled up & talking about what they said. They don't

Posted Images

When a media turd has nothing of actual substance to add to a conversation, they just pull wild crap outta their behinds to get the fan base riled up & talking about what they said.

They don't give a rat's *** about being right, sensible, realistic, or any of it... that's not actually why they were hired. They are simply there to get you talking & clicking on their site or watching their channel, so they can sell ad space.

Why do you think all these "experts" have to make 300 mocks every year before the draft, and change their rankings 100 times? They don't know ****.

2 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Agreed... but going at #6 doesnt to me. Especially when the Jets #1 receiver had less than 700 yards

That's only on 59 receptions though in a very terrible passing offense. Still had 6 tds.

Crowder could be a 1,000 yard receiver and closer to 10 tds in a good offense.

2 minutes ago, k-train said:

When a media turd has nothing of actual substance to add to a conversation, they just pull wild crap outta their behinds to get the fan base riled up & talking about what they said.

They don't give a rat's *** about being right, sensible, realistic, or any of it... that's not actually why they were hired. They are simply there to get you talking & clicking on their site or watching their channel, so they can sell ad space.

Why do you think all these "experts" have to make 300 mocks every year before the draft, and change their rankings 100 times? They don't know ****.

In fairness, the draft coverage is what it is today because of Kiper.  It wouldn’t be anywhere close to how we know it today without him, so they didn’t hire him for hot takes, he used to be much more on point.  

That said, he is a joke now and one I don’t take very seriously at all, but I’ll still give him credit for earlier in his career when he actually studied tape and knew what he was talking about.

He’s the reason I watch NFL Network’s draft coverage instead of ESPN’s.  McShay is fine, like Riddick a lot, but can’t stand Kiper and Booger.  I’ll take Daniel Jermiah, Esien, Charles Davis and David Shaw any day.  Although I do miss Mayock on there, and I could do without Bucky Brooks terrible takes.

1 minute ago, Rings said:

In fairness, the draft coverage is what it is today because of Kiper.  It wouldn’t be anywhere close to how we know it today without him, so they didn’t hire him for hot takes, he used to be much more on point.  

That said, he is a joke now and one I don’t take very seriously at all, but I’ll still give him credit for earlier in his career when he actually studied tape and knew what he was talking about.

He’s the reason I watch NFL Network’s draft coverage instead of ESPN’s.  McShay is fine, like Riddick a lot, but can’t stand Kiper and Booger.  I’ll take Daniel Jermiah, Esien, Charles Davis and David Shaw any day.  Although I do miss Mayock on there, and I could do without Bucky Brooks terrible takes.

No doubt they generally hire folks who did actually at one point have a reason to be knowledgable about this stuff. And yes, once upon a time, Mel was generally on point. But the thing has just become such a circus.

Just now, k-train said:

No doubt they generally hire folks who did actually at one point have a reason to be knowledgable about this stuff. And yes, once upon a time, Mel was generally on point. But the thing has just become such a circus.

The only thing I enjoy of his anymore is every year since it started they do a prop bet over / under on their podcast, and that’s pretty interesting.  Mainly because I don’t hear it anywhere else, but always interesting to debate how those things will play out.