Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BPA no matter what right? Unlike Matt Julio can be traded without his dead cap hit being any worse than the reg cap hit. Julio has been nothing but great for us but someone might give us a first rd pi

Chase has nuance in his elusiveness like Beckham. He doesn’t take unnecessary damage to his body. His body control is some of the greatest I’ve ever seen. Speed is there. Hands are there. Built sturdy

If Fontenot holds true to a philosophy of using free agency to address needs and the draft to acquire talent and depth, I could easily see him coming to Atlanta. But if the Phins don't trade out, I su

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I think he is Julio Great. Just watch how he torched Terrell... and I like Terrell a bunch. If he's there at #4, imo he is the bpa. Whether or not Fontenot has the stones to pull the trigger with an already strong WR core is a different story

 

BPA no matter what right? Unlike Matt Julio can be traded without his dead cap hit being any worse than the reg cap hit. Julio has been nothing but great for us but someone might give us a first rd pick for Julio and I wouldn't mind trading him in for someone 10 years younger 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

BPA no matter what right? Unlike Matt Julio can be traded without his dead cap hit being any worse than the reg cap hit. Julio has been nothing but great for us but someone might give us a first rd pick for Julio and I wouldn't mind trading him in for someone 10 years younger 

Even keeping Julio, both he and Ridley would get some favorable matchups, Gage too in 4 WR sets. Freaking nightmare

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

BPA no matter what right? Unlike Matt Julio can be traded without his dead cap hit being any worse than the reg cap hit. Julio has been nothing but great for us but someone might give us a first rd pick for Julio and I wouldn't mind trading him in for someone 10 years younger 

Julio isn’t any more trade friendly than Matt in 2021. Julio will have 45M dead money.  I wouldn’t be mad if they got chase and have Julio, Ridley and Chase lined up. Chase isn’t gonna be warming the bench like a back up QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Julio isn’t any more trade friendly than Matt in 2021. Julio will have 45M dead money.  

Oh snap.. really?

But yea I wouldn't mind it either way. The 4th pick gives us a lot of flexibility and I'm excited to see what we can do with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Julio isn’t any more trade friendly than Matt in 2021. Julio will have 45M dead money.  I wouldn’t be mad if they got chase and have Julio, Ridley and Chase lined up. Chase isn’t gonna be warming the bench like a back up QB.

Post June 1st, he is more tradable than Matt. (Not that it does us any good for this draft). The Falcons would have $15 million in cap space and $7 million in dead money if the attached is correct.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://bloggingdirty.com/2020/11/09/julio-jones-future-options/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjX9tDR2IPvAhXQmuAKHS9VCX4QFjADegQIHxAC&usg=AOvVaw3I5uiiKyHN-WQBHtwtAXRf&ampcf=1

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I think he is Julio Great. Just watch how he torched Terrell... and I like Terrell a bunch. If he's there at #4, imo he is the bpa. Whether or not Fontenot has the stones to pull the trigger with an already strong WR core is a different story

 

If Fontenot holds true to a philosophy of using free agency to address needs and the draft to acquire talent and depth, I could easily see him coming to Atlanta. But if the Phins don't trade out, I suspect he'll go at #3.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since this topic has already been discussed, I will repeat my earlier observation. I'm not really on the wr @4 train, but, if they choose him one would consider that it's because julio's deal will be manageable in 2 years, and ridley will be due a big payday at the same time. Having a wr of his caliber on a rookie contract may be appealing. And can you imagine having jj,cr, chase, hurst, and one of ettiene/williams/ or hubbard on the field at the same time. Add gage and zaccheus alternating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fernando C. said:

Is Chase really good like Julio Good??? is he a better prospect than Fields, Penei or Lance?

 

1 hour ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

The same Justin Jefferson who was a candidate to be rookie of the year too

 

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

I think he is Julio Great. Just watch how he torched Terrell... and I like Terrell a bunch. If he's there at #4, imo he is the bpa. Whether or not Fontenot has the stones to pull the trigger with an already strong WR core is a different story

 

If the Falcons draft Chase, then I want the Falcons to trade Ridley, regardless of what the team does with Julio.   Its year four of Ridley's rookie deal.... I like him, we all do, but Ridley will be needing a contract extension soon.   It will take 10-12 million per to keep Ridley here.

Rather than risk losing Ridley to FA, Fontenot should trade Ridley.   Falcons -should- be able to get a 1st and another pick, maybe as high as a 3rd.

Maybe this needs to happen even if we don't draft Chase........

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Since this topic has already been discussed, I will repeat my earlier observation. I'm not really on the wr @4 train, but, if they choose him one would consider that it's because julio's deal will be manageable in 2 years, and ridley will be due a big payday at the same time. Having a wr of his caliber on a rookie contract may be appealing. And can you imagine having jj,cr, chase, hurst, and one of ettiene/williams/ or hubbard on the field at the same time. Add gage and zaccheus alternating.

Arthur Smith wants to use more 2 TE sets, plus he likes to run the ball more.  I'm not seeing how this team can go with so many good WRs.   Best to trade Ridley.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

 

 

If the Falcons draft Chase, then I want the Falcons to trade Ridley, regardless of what the team does with Julio.   Its year four of Ridley's rookie deal.... I like him, we all do, but Ridley will be needing a contract extension soon.   It will take 10-12 million per to keep Ridley here.

Rather than risk losing Ridley to FA, Fontenot should trade Ridley.   Falcons -should- be able to get a 1st and another pick, maybe as high as a 3rd.

Maybe this needs to happen even if we don't draft Chase........

Guess it would depend what we'd get for him... it would have to be one hella offer though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Guess it would depend what we'd get for him... it would have to be one hella offer though. 

Agreed, however the highest FA compensation for losing a player is a 3rd round pick at the end of the 3rd round.   We sure don't want to lose Ridley -that- way.....

The time to trade Ridley is right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...