·

Feb 17

Percentage of career starts where opponent scored 30 or more points:

DREW BREES: 27.0%

AARON RODGERS: 23.8%

MATT RYAN: 23.2%

PEYTON MANNING: 18.2%

TOM BRADY: 14.0%

Weird it's almost like having a good defense translates to more consistent success. 

What I like about ASmith and TFont is they seem like they're gonna do what's best for the team. They aren't gonna get too enamored with having this record setting offense to where they focus on the Offense more so than the Defense.. ahem Dimitroff... and they seem like they would know the Defense is what needs the most attention and help which will result in more wins with what we already have on Offense. Really lookin forward to this draft.

Dimitroff has my appreciation but the record shows he was not very good drafting/signing Defensive guys, albeit with the occasional "hit", and it seemed like he was always more of an Offensive guy. 

Happy to have these guys and we should all be excited about the future. 

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

I’m not at all surprised to see Brees there, too. Both of those guys have had to work with some absolutely awful defenses over the years. 

Yeah Brees really was that entire team for a long time. So ironic/sad that they finally got him a running game and a defense when his arm was shot. Hope we do better by Matt Ryan.

3 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

What I like about ASmith and TFont is they seem like they're gonna do what's best for the team. They aren't gonna get too enamored with having this record setting offense to where they focus on the Offense more so than the Defense.. ahem Dimitroff... and they seem like they would know the Defense is what needs the most attention and help which will result in more wins with what we already have on Offense. Really lookin forward to this draft.

Dimitroff has my appreciation but the record shows he was not very good drafting/signing Defensive guys, albeit with the occasional "hit", and it seemed like he was always more of an Offensive guy. 

Happy to have these guys and we should all be excited about the future. 

Given the outcome. I don't know if we can say how much was on the GM and how much was on coaching. Neither was good but there was a time when we fielded pro bowlers at all levels of defense and still stunk.

We hired a defensive head coach that proceeded to never field a good defense. 

Could you imagine if our offense tanked with ASmith at the helm?

8 hours ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Given the outcome. I don't know if we can say how much was on the GM and how much was on coaching. Neither was good but there was a time when we fielded pro bowlers at all levels of defense and still stunk.

We hired a defensive head coach that proceeded to never field a good defense. 

Could you imagine if our offense tanked with ASmith at the helm?

Coaching most definitely didn't help anyone. You can't help but wonder what better coaching would have done for certain guys.. and unlike Quinn who was handed a great defense with studs to work with, ASmith took guys and made them into studs who previously were not thought of in that way whatsoever. So yes I definitely have confidence ASmith will get the job done 

40 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

Coaching most definitely didn't help anyone. You can't help but wonder what better coaching would have done for certain guys.. and unlike Quinn who was handed a great defense with studs to work with, ASmith took guys and made them into studs who previously were not thought of in that way whatsoever. So yes I definitely have confidence ASmith will get the job done 

It actually goes to show you the fine line between a great player and a journeyman.  The right situation and scheme matters.  There are fine lines between great athletes and great football players.  You can be a great athlete and an average at best player.  I've seen great football players who were not what you'd call great athletes.  

You have to set your players up to win and you need to invest the energy in allowing them to play to their strengths, and then hopefully correct their weaknesses.