TF: Matt Ryan made the Falcons Job so Attractive!

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

So even the Best Player Available is going to be based not upon what you & I think might be the BPA, but rather what our personnel group believes.  I mean our board is comprised of quite a few grown men who still actually play video games like madden lmao.  So keep that in mind.  I really do appreciate TF's philosophy in using the draft to get the best players, not reaching for needs though!

Exactly.

Stay away from the big boards you see in the media cycle or at least take them with a grain of salt.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What else could he say in a F2F meeting with the cameras on? "Hey Matt, you suck but nice to meet you! Be on the lookout for a trade here soon bud" Not saying what he said isn't true, But of

He made the job attractive because he has such great trade value. /purp

What did ESPN say before the hiring? Falcons HC and GM were least attractive because of Ryan and Julio cap problems.   

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Exactly.

Stay away from the big boards you see in the media cycle or at least take them with a grain of salt.

Anybody who gets too caught up in what media fairy's & social media clowns think or believe is obviously living their lives out of touch & really do deserve all the real life wake up calls they're in for... :D

3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Anybody who gets too caught up in what media fairy's & social media clowns think or believe is obviously living their lives out of touch & really do deserve all the real life wake up calls they're in for... :D

I mean use your own thought process not someone else’s.

Its like looking at talent during the draft process use the sites or media to point you in a certain direction then judge for yourself not just rinse wash repeat what’s been written or said.

On 2/28/2021 at 3:34 AM, kiwifalcon said:

Exactly I’m still trying to work out what BPA means because like you say I got no idea how TF grades it or thinks.

Alot of TATF just go off the big boards Kiper McShay and alike.

I don't think so - at least not Kiper/McShay - I mean, who is stoopid enough to pay for ESPN Insider?  I was about 3yrs ago - never again - the paywalls always disappoint.

Besides, if you just want to go off what media sites say, Gawd knows there are plenty of free ones.   I bet there is a free site where 80 yr old grandmothers have a mock draft :D 

38 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

by Tori McElhaney for The Athletic

There likely aren’t many people who envy new Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot this offseason.

With limited salary cap space, a significant lack of depth and some big needs to fill via the draft and free agency, the Falcons in a tough spot heading into the 2021 season. Fontenot and new coach Arthur Smith have their work cut out for them.

Here is a look at the 10 biggest decisions Fontenot and Smith will have to make in the coming months:

Restructure Grady Jarrett’s contract

With two years left on his current contract and at 27 years old, Jarrett is a top candidate for a contract restructure. As we’ve written before:

“By restructuring Jarrett’s contract in a similar sense to how the Falcons restructured Julio Jones’ extension in 2019, it would free up some much-needed cap space while making Jarrett happy with more money upfront. It would lower the cap hit in 2021 and make Jarrett’s cap number more manageable moving forward, which doesn’t seem like a bad option considering he isn’t someone the Falcons would want to lose any time soon.”

Doing so would make sense for Jarrett and the Falcons. The Falcons also could look to restructure Jake Matthews’ and Deion Jones’ contracts, and potentially Dante Fowler’s. All four are candidates for contract restructures, which would free up necessary cap space heading into free agency

That's fine, but they don't mention a number in there. Playing with OTC's cap calculator, 3 year extensions for both based on their market value only saves us $2M. 

5 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

That's fine, but they don't mention a number in there. Playing with OTC's cap calculator, 3 year extensions for both based on their market value only saves us $2M. 

I think if they can get something done they’ll do it.

Theres a few options out there though we'll just have to wait and see.