TF: Matt Ryan made the Falcons Job so Attractive!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What else could he say in a F2F meeting with the cameras on? "Hey Matt, you suck but nice to meet you! Be on the lookout for a trade here soon bud" Not saying what he said isn't true, But of

He made the job attractive because he has such great trade value. /purp

What did ESPN say before the hiring? Falcons HC and GM were least attractive because of Ryan and Julio cap problems.   

What else could he say in a F2F meeting with the cameras on?

"Hey Matt, you suck but nice to meet you! Be on the lookout for a trade here soon bud"

Not saying what he said isn't true, But of course he is going to give high praise to his new teams QB.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

"Hey Matt, you suck but nice to meet you! Be on the lookout for a trade here soon bud"

Not saying what he said isn't true, But of course he is going to give high praise to his new teams QB.

TF could have just said” I admired Matt and he is a great player”. There isn’t a need to add He was factor in taking the job.

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

TF could have just said” I admired Matt and he is a great player”. There isn’t a need to add He was factor in taking the job.

Fair. I just think all these meetings on camera are more often just to show face and give the fans something to see. The true feelings are off camera behind closed doors.

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

He made the job attractive because he has such great trade value.

/purp

I know right. All these fans will be crying when he finally retires and we have to play the QB lottery. This is a classic example of the grass is greener on the other side. As someone who experienced this in my career, sometimes you don’t know how good you have it until you don’t.

10 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Fair. I just think all these meetings on camera are more often just to show face and give the fans something to see. The true feelings are off camera behind closed doors.

Sure, but don’t see a reason to lie on camera. I will take the information coming from source than media speculation. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I’ve been on these boards over 2 decades. Anytime a direct quote is given shattering a detractor narrative the standard denial response is “what do you expect him to say” 

Even if it is a wide open question like “who do you really like on the defensive side of the ball?” If the new coach or GM specifically mentions a player that is hated by some, the response is “what did  you expect him to say”

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I’ve been on these boards over 2 decades. Anytime a direct quote is given shattering a detractor narrative the standard denial response is “what do you expect him to say” 

Even if it is a wide open question like “who do you really like on the defensive side of the ball?” If the new coach or GM specifically mentions a player that is hated by some, the response is “what did  you expect him to say”

True. I can see coach speak something nice about a player in public. But, TF had no reason to lie in front of the camera. I would trust TF and AS more than clowns on AJC,CBS and ESPN. 

Being completely transparent is asinine in business.  Tipping your hand at all removes ANY leverage you have moving forward.  Teams do not sit around and Koombaya around a camp fire doling out equality for all.  This **** is savage and is a billion dollar industry.  AB would love to see Falcons endorsed items worn by half the country.  You don't think Jerry Jones doesn't just love seeing Cowboys stars on kids from The Florida Keys to Barrow Alaska pimping his ****?

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

He took the job didn't he? Him and Arthur had other options. Also he came from a team that had a 40+ year old qb.

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP
7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

True. I can see coach speak something nice about a player in public. But, TF had no reason to lie in front of the camera. I would trust TF and AS more than clowns on AJC,CBS and ESPN. 

You and I know this, many here know this,  but to those who feel we should get rid of Ryan and enter a 3 year rebuild construction project, that statement shattered their world. “What do you expect him to say” is a coping mechanism. Hopefully they will come around at some point and join those of us living in reality. 

1 hour ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I know right. All these fans will be crying when he finally retires and we have to play the QB lottery. This is a classic example of the grass is greener on the other side. As someone who experienced this in my career, sometimes you don’t know how good you have it until you don’t.

We could keep Matt Ryan another 5 years if we really wanted to. Hopefully he wins a SB in 2022 or 2023 to get the fans off his back.

Not a mind reader. Or am I, mwah haha.

But if TF is keeping and extending Ryan he’ll say he’s an attractive asset and if TF is trading Ryan he’ll say he’s an attractive asset.  We will know his intentions after draft and FA and preseason. 
I’m not saying I anticipate a move. Just that no professional is going to advertise one now.