Atlanta Falcons must improve secondary

ADAMSVILLE GYM

3 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

Exactly. Trade back and bolster up the defense. Especially the secondary with a nice FA add. 

Drafting a QB at 4 sets us back. 

It's a solution to a non-existent problem for a team that has plenty of real problems to deal with. Nothing in 2020 suggested that Ryan is in a decline. Wasn't his best season, but certainly not his worst. If you want to argue that he's aging, I'd argue age is an arbitrary number at QB, and he has just as much chance of falling off a cliff in 2021 as any of the rookie QBs have of being busts. If you want to talk money, we're projected to have $54M in cap space in 2022 under his current contract, pending draft classes, FA's, etc. 

Or take a QB, ignoring that we have only 29 non-PS players on the roster including only 1 safety and only 2 DE's and little to no cap space to fill those holes via FA. 

2 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

It's a solution to a non-existent problem for a team that has plenty of real problems to deal with. Nothing in 2020 suggested that Ryan is in a decline. Wasn't his best season, but certainly not his worst. If you want to argue that he's aging, I'd argue age is an arbitrary number at QB, and he has just as much chance of falling off a cliff in 2021 as any of the rookie QBs have of being busts. If you want to talk money, we're projected to have $54M in cap space in 2022 under his current contract, pending draft classes, FA's, etc. 

Or take a QB, ignoring that we have only 29 non-PS players on the roster including only 1 safety and only 2 DE's and little to no cap space to fill those holes via FA. 

Exactly! My sentiment as well! 

23 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

Exactly. Trade back and bolster up the defense. Especially the secondary with a nice FA add. 

Drafting a QB at 4 sets us back. 

Try it on a draft simulator.  I swear, no matter what, if I take a QB at four, any one at all, I am forced to make a trade to get the players I want at the value needed with BPA that fits our needs.  

I know it's not real world and simulators WILDLY differ, but I found it interesting.