Ryan Clark reacts to Who should be Falcons pick in NO.4 overall pick in NFL Draft?

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

in total fairness,  regardless of play selection, etc - you cannot 100% absolve Matt of 28-3 - I mean, he was the QB and needed to make 1-2 more plays.   I know how it went down w/ the penalty, not running the ball at end, etc - but it was 28-3 and it didn't have to come down to what it did.

True

But even with that, still can't use that to say that Ryan isn't good enough to win a SB with.

Especially when Ben was really terrible in the SB they won against the Seahawks and wasn't that good in the SB they won vs the Cardinals.

A QB doesn't even have to play that well to win a SB.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decent segment.. until Ryan opened his mouth. 

Thank God I know what ryan clark thinks about pick 4 now. That's been on my mind for a few months now....sometimes I'd be in the middle of an argument with somebody on here and I'd think to myself...'

Man i wish the top of the draft was heavy with pass rush....

12 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

True

But even with that, still can't use that to say that Ryan isn't good enough to win a SB with.

Especially when Ben was really terrible in the SB they won against the Seahawks and wasn't that good in the SB they won vs the Cardinals.

A QB doesn't even have to play that well to win a SB.

Did Ryan Clark watch Last years SB? Mahomes was terrible and yet his team won the SB. Mahomes has 78 and 52 QB rating in his two SB. 

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

True.

Personally 28-3 doesn't bother me. I just didn't understand why Clark would use that SB loss as a reason why Ryan isn't good enough to win a SB with.

It may have been more of a jab though because he grew up a Saints fan.

Probably because in most people's eyes, that Superbowl was the peak of Matt's career. Now you look at him being on the wrong side of 30 with his window seemingly closing. So many arguments can be for Ryan good, bad and everything in between, and all of them would probably be valid. 

Maybe Arthur can help get Ryan in position to win the big one, maybe not. Either way you have to be looking towards however you approach it.

1 hour ago, Drvillain said:

because Ryan did more than enough on his  part to win that game.  The opposing QB actually did just about everything to try and lose it. Ryan Clark would have had a better argument if he said that Matty  and the falcons were cursed. 

Probably so, but I think his main point was the QB position in itself. No matter whos fault that game falls on, it's about the Falcons QB  position today in 2021.

The reality is, if it were Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc, the narrative would be that their supporting cast let them down but since it's someone in the MR group of QBs, he "wasn't good enough to win the SB"

I agree with a lot of what Ryan Clark says but this time, I think he's basically re-writing history with that comment.

As far as what we should do in the draft....it will be really interesting to see how it plays out.  

7 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I wouldn't.

I agree that many here would though.

The thing is we all know Matt is good enough to win it all. A lot of these QBs are. Its just the critical moments of his career he’s always reduced to an ash.

Eagles 17’

49ers 12’

SB

Off the top. It’s not his fault but slightly better play in critical situations of those games would have decided it all. Matt at times can be the most vulnerable sitting duck in the pocket. An ounce more of athleticism would have allowed him to throw the ball away instead of taking a sack from Flowers in the SB in fg range. You can’t put that game all on Matt because he balled out but when it comes to turning point of the game Matt  doesn’t get it done.

Waiting for the perfect team would allow plenty of QBs to be carried to a ship. But the NFL is another beast. Too many variables, some in the teams control and some not, to not always strive for greatness instead of sticking to the status quo.

5 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Decent segment.. until Ryan opened his mouth. 

3 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Ryan Clark is a bonafide idiot.

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Any non-satirical video with "reacts" in the title is bound to be cringe

3 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

What y'all got against Ryan Clark? I agreed with mostly everything he said lol.

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Ain't got nothing against him.

...... don't know why he had to bring up 28-3 as a reason to say Ryan isn't good enough tho.

When I listen to the 'talking heads' giving thier opinions, I try to remember these folks work for a broadcast company.   Many times they are told what position to take, so everyone doesn't end up agreeing with each other.

In other newa, the lady 'talking heads' seem to be doing a good job replacing thier male counterparts?  These ladies are proving that they can be just as redundant and -boring- as thier male counterparts are.   That one lady talks about 'NFL Draft gamesmanship' as if its some new thing she needs to -explain- to us......  🙄

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Forgot Ryan Clark is a Louisiana native.

Spoken like a true Saints fan.

Now his opinions can go down the toilet hopefully like the Saints do post-Brees era.

Wouldn't the Saint just love to see Matt Ryan get cut..... so they can sign yet -another- HOF caliber QB as a street FA?  And have to pay -nothing- as regards draft picks, for him?

1 hour ago, kschreck said:

The reality is, if it were Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc, the narrative would be that their supporting cast let them down but since it's someone in the MR group of QBs, he "wasn't good enough to win the SB"

I agree with a lot of what Ryan Clark says but this time, I think he's basically re-writing history with that comment.

As far as what we should do in the draft....it will be really interesting to see how it plays out.  

4th highest quarterback rating in Superbowl history. 

On 2/24/2021 at 11:14 AM, Xfactor said:

I see nothing wrong with drafting a QB at 4 sit a year and learn. The cap will go up in 2022 and a 17 mill hit wouldn’t be that bad especially due to your new franchise QB is on a rookie deal. 

That would be OK if we wanted to wait another year before we build a winning team.. Your not going to do that if we don't use every pick we have wisely !! If we do. WE have a chance this next season if we draft correctly.  It would be like giving so many picks that are within that #4 pick.. It's not like you giving up one pick,, But all the picks we could get if we traded down would blow your mind.  If our picks are used wisely ,, we'll make the playoffs next year.

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

What in the world does Ryan have to do with us losing up 28-3? He doesn't play D. 

Another thing that people fail to mention is that on the play where Freeman whiffed that block Gabriel was open deep down field on what would've been a sure td if he had caught it.

That would've put the dagger in the game for the Falcons.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Another thing that people fail to mention is that on the play where Freeman whiffed that block Gabriel was open deep down field on what would've been a sure td if he had caught it.

Was it Gabriel or was his name Robinson?

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

that play hurts more than any. all free had to do was be a speedbump, ryan was already pulling back to throw the post when he got hit :(

7 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

that play hurts more than any. all free had to do was be a speedbump, ryan was already pulling back to throw the post when he got hit :(

Yep

What makes it worse was Freeman talking about getting paid and speaking publicly about wanting to be the SB MVP. Only to be the guy on the wrong side of the biggest whiffed block in football history.

2 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

I still remember that camera shot from behind Ryan and you could see him open down the field. Then BOOM!