Anyone else intrigued by Malik Hooker in free agency?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something about a Falcons DB and a Hooker doesn’t sit well with me...

Seeing Eugene Robinson's opinion on a DB with the last name Hooker would be priceless.   Wonder would he keep a straight face?

Only if he can stay healthy.   That's a big if.   If he can turn his injury problems around, then he could be the biggest steal of FA.

Posted Images

On 6/10/2021 at 12:53 PM, Knight of God said:

I'd prefer Houston

Honestly there will be better vets who get cut / traded closer to final rosters. Let’s hold firm and be in a position to take on one of these late cut / trade guys when it eventuates. Remember the Asante Samuel trade - that cost us something like a 6th rounder but was basically a salary squeeze from Philly.

No team predicted the drop in salary cap so like us other teams will struggle to keep their rosters intact. Teams will need to release some Good players. I’m hoping for a Rb or Edge guy. 

26 minutes ago, primetime said:

Honestly there will be better vets who get cut / traded closer to final rosters. Let’s hold firm and be in a position to take on one of these late cut / trade guys when it eventuates. Remember the Asante Samuel trade - that cost us something like a 6th rounder but was basically a salary squeeze from Philly.

No team predicted the drop in salary cap so like us other teams will struggle to keep their rosters intact. Teams will need to release some Good players. I’m hoping for a Rb or Edge guy. 

based on?

2 hours ago, primetime said:

Good call

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

based on?

We normally see some surprising cuts at the end of preseason. Look at Ron Parker with the Falcons in 2018. Parker was a veteran who everyone assumed was a lock to make the team but when it was clear during preseason that he wasn't a fit he got cut. That's just an example that comes off the top of my head.

7 hours ago, hjerry said:

based on?

Read my Post? I validated it with an explanation on the reduced cap due to covid and provided an example (Asante Samuel). If your asking who will be cut specifically  I can’t tell you as I don’t know enough about other teams - their current cap or rosters - however I’m 100 % confident solid players will be cut in coming weeks because of salary cap constraints. Now will these guys play positions we are seriously deficient in - that I can’t say - however we have very few positions that couldn’t be upgraded with at least a solid starter or backup.