Anyone else intrigued by Malik Hooker in free agency?

On 2/24/2021 at 1:53 AM, AUTiger7222 said:

Does anyone else believe that Malik Hooker's injury concerns are a bit over blown? He played in 14 games in 2018 and 13 games in 2019.

They have moved to a 17 game season, so I would be concerned.  

If it's for super cheap I am down. He just turned 25 and still has a lot of upside if he can stay healthy (Which is the big question)

We have a rookie, unproven 2nd year player and 2 vets who are not exactly lighting the world on fire. I would happily welcome competition at Safety. Sure I like everyone else would prefer an EDGE or CB but we need talent across the board.

31 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

If it's for super cheap I am down. He just turned 25 and still has a lot of upside if he can stay healthy (Which is the big question)

We have a rookie, unproven 2nd year player and 2 vets who are not exactly lighting the world on fire. I would happily welcome competition at Safety. Sure I like everyone else would prefer an EDGE or CB but we need talent across the board.

A super cheap hooker??

:yikes:

1 hour ago, Aluminafalcon said:

Other than edge I’m good with current roster. Sure we could be better at several positions but we have some scrappy younger players hungry for snaps that might just blossom with playing time. Let’s not spend money unless absolutely necessary 

Totally agree with this statement.  Great take.

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Hooker is injury prone. I'm tired of that. 

I would actually agree with you on this one if not for us already having a person who could put up starting quality minutes if he does get injured.  Harmon and Harris can step right in if Hooker goes down and were solid.  If we didn't have either of those 2 guys as insurance i wouldn't be ok with picking him up. 

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

I would actually agree with you on this one if not for us already having a person who could put up starting quality minutes if he does get injured.  Harmon and Harris can step right in if Hooker goes down and were solid.  If we didn't have either of those 2 guys as insurance i wouldn't be ok with picking him up. 

Harmon needs to start, he's better than you guys seem aware of. Grant is good. We don't need a practically guaranteed IR player

On 2/23/2021 at 11:57 PM, Pa_Falcon_Fan said:

The injury history with Hooker would make me really nervous. There is tremendous talent there, no doubt, but if the dude can't stay on the field it isn't very helpful. 

The advantage here is he would be backed up by Harmon/Harris who  havent missed many games.  Our biggest issue at safety the last two years was the fact that Neal, Rico and Kazee are all more brittle than glass and we played several games with 2 of the 3 and even a few with all 3 injured.  We could add Hooker because we have reliable options if he never actually plays.  

11 minutes ago, #84 said:

The advantage here is he would be backed up by Harmon/Harris who  havent missed many games.  Our biggest issue at safety the last two years was the fact that Neal, Rico and Kazee are all more brittle than glass and we played several games with 2 of the 3 and even a few with all 3 injured.  We could add Hooker because we have reliable options if he never actually plays.  

I would agree with this..  which is why I mad that comment in February before we signed Harmon or Harris.  

3 hours ago, Pa_Falcon_Fan said:

I would agree with this..  which is why I mad that comment in February before we signed Harmon or Harris.  

Sorry thread was on the front page so I thought it was  newer 😅

4 hours ago, #84 said:

Hooker wouldn't start for us even if healthy. Maybe over the rook, but I doubt it.

17 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

If its for vet Min I would not mind... he may be a camp body and if he stays healthy we can use him... but to be honest.. would rather have Houston and a CB...

I will stricken the first part....as for the second....so let it be written....so let it be done