Anyone else intrigued by Malik Hooker in free agency?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something about a Falcons DB and a Hooker doesn’t sit well with me...

Seeing Eugene Robinson's opinion on a DB with the last name Hooker would be priceless.   Wonder would he keep a straight face?

Only if he can stay healthy.   That's a big if.   If he can turn his injury problems around, then he could be the biggest steal of FA.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Does anyone else believe that Malik Hooker's injury concerns are a bit over blown? He played in 14 games in 2018 and 13 games in 2019.

It’s not so much about his injuries as it’s about his recovery. His last injury was an Achilles. We’ve all seen how this affects a safety and it’s normally well over a year for full recovery if ever. 

I guess my question is what will a 2021 Malik Hooker look like? 

Injury history is scary, but this is the type of signing that can pay off big for a cap strapped team IF he stays healthy.

Agree w those saying if you sign him you still draft a safety. If he is hurt again there is a fall back, and if he balls out and they can’t re-sign him you have a guy w a season of development under his belt.

11 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Injuries. Nope.

Ya, sadly feels that way. Can’t have guys on IR. Almost can see Neal back instead but definitely want a S in FA. So ya, gotta not look or be a risk wrt availability. First time taking bad financial risk? Now, if he were dirt cheap, 1year prove it? Maybe. Not the first plan, unless you know FS of future is gonna be there top of round 2.

I can see us doing that with S. Add a RB round 3.

Or, longterm FA sign a FS and leave round 2 open for other fallers...man this offseason is hype!

11 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I rather have Marcus Williams Or Maye. We had enough of those big If signings under TD and DQ.

Yeah but those two aren't going to be cheap. I think one we bring back should be Dennard and maybe Wrey-Wilson (two depth guys on the cheap at least). Could be replaced if we upgrade. 

Did anyone notice DQ is listed as a UFA on Spotrac? 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

It’s not so much about his injuries as it’s about his recovery. His last injury was an Achilles. We’ve all seen how this affects a safety and it’s normally well over a year for full recovery if ever. 

I guess my question is what will a 2021 Malik Hooker look like? 

I wasn't aware it was that severe. So yeah, that really changes things.