929 The Game - Falcons' No. 4 pick 'up for sale' ?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rumors say the Jets are looking to trade him. I think our 3rd this year and maybe a 6th next year could get it done. He would have 2 years on his contract. If we like what we see, extend him. If not,

https://www.radio.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-falcons/atlanta-falcons-no-4-pick-up-for-sale           Sidenote:         With Arthur

I would put Sam Darnold in that category

6 minutes ago, stizz said:

How desperate of a team do we have to be to trade for a guy who admitted to seeing ghosts when the lights were bright.

I'd launch a campaign to fire Fontenot if we traded a top 100 pick for Mr. Mono.

In the football world, the expression “seeing ghosts” has a number of meanings. With a quarterback, it usually describes a player confused or tricked by the defense.

You would see ghosts too behind that oline against the Pats D at the time

3 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

In the football world, the expression “seeing ghosts” has a number of meanings. With a quarterback, it usually describes a player confused or tricked by the defense.

How many young QBs have admitted to that? We've seen Wilson, Watson, Jones etc all behind suspect lines and never said they were scared. A top 100 pick for him would be malpractice. 

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

How many young QBs have admitted to that? We've seen Wilson, Watson, Jones etc all behind suspect lines and never said they were scared. A top 100 pick for him would be malpractice. 

Who said he was scared? He was mic'd up and was talking to himself on the bench. And you have no idea what other qbs say or don't say. If you don't like him or want him, that's your take and you are entitled to it

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Title makes it sounds like this is a report from someone with knowledge saying that's actually the case

Reading tells you this is just his opinion though

On top of it just being opinion, has 92.9 ever been right about anything? 

Despite that, I still think that trading down would be the best move.

24 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

That was a guest who said that, the Falcons never came out and said. As a matter of fact go listen to TF's interview on 92.9 with Dukes and Bell

dude i post the article... steve wyche worked here in atlanta and now work for the nfl network (they just interviewed TF on his podcast)

ofcourse TF hasnt said that...It would be dumb if he did,.. Teams would know he wants to trade out and would offer less.. Steve is giving his opinion or what he thinks from everything around him....

It can be wrong but again.. Im just posting the article

29 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

This is why rookie QBs need a line and a running game, stat.  Too many get thrown to the wolves and they get annihilated.  Does their head in.

Well , you know that we are trying to make teams think we may take a QB , just to make them try and get our pick so they can really pick a QB.. Smith and Co , wasn't born yesterday...  They know how this works.. I think the chances are 9 to 1 that we trade down.. And boy do I hope so.. Not to mention any numbers,, I'm hoping we trade down to #8.. :mmmhmm:

22 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Tf didn't say anything definitive either. Nobody has and nobody will and if they do they should be fired immediately.

No he didn't Sir. You are absolutely correct, he only talked about reaching out to local High schools 

Edited by blknoble357
10 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Rumors say the Jets are looking to trade him. I think our 3rd this year and maybe a 6th next year could get it done. He would have 2 years on his contract. If we like what we see, extend him. If not, he's a viable backup for 2 years

Would love this move honestly. First round talent for a 3rd round pick is great value.

3 hours ago, atljbo said:

https://www.radio.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-falcons/atlanta-falcons-no-4-pick-up-for-sale

Sidenote:

With Arthur Smith system... Building a run game with his scheme makes the job easier on the QB like a great Playcaller should..... Remember how most felt Tannehill was a freaking back up after his 6 years with Miami....

My point is this man has shown the ability to have a QB friendly system and developing a QB.... Another lowkey signing is TJ. Yates... Im interested to see if they do like a not 4th overall QBs..... Its some QBs that has potential but they will most def have to sit behind Mat 2 or 3 years and develop.

This is why I have told people I don't think we go QB at 4 either. We either draft someone later in the draft to develop, or get one later.  Same reason I don't see us going Sewell either. Why take him at 4 to play G and move him to LT in a few years? Jake is just fine at LT so why not trade down or get another position that we need. 

2 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Rumors say the Jets are looking to trade him. I think our 3rd this year and maybe a 6th next year could get it done. He would have 2 years on his contract. If we like what we see, extend him. If not, he's a viable backup for 2 years

I would rather get Darnold then spend the number 4 pick. I am like atljbo though, hes more ready now and would be somewhat a waste to sit a year or 2. I would rather develop a later round pick. Unless Matt is gone for sure next year and Sam sits this one year.

3 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

This is why rookie QBs need a line and a running game, stat.  Too many get thrown to the wolves and they get annihilated.  Does their head in.

Yeah, that's why I give a world of praise to Tannehill. Over the past decade, he's the only dude who failed at first but then had multiple good seasons elsewhere. Foles and Keenum have had one-year revivals. Other than that, once a QB falls down, he doesn't get up.

2 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

This is why I have told people I don't think we go QB at 4 either. We either draft someone later in the draft to develop, or get one later.  Same reason I don't see us going Sewell either. Why take him at 4 to play G and move him to LT in a few years? Jake is just fine at LT so why not trade down or get another position that we need. 

I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't make a ton of sense to draft OL that high unless we're planning on trading Matthews to free up some cap.