929 The Game - Falcons' No. 4 pick 'up for sale' ?

https://www.radio.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-falcons/atlanta-falcons-no-4-pick-up-for-sale

Falcons' No. 4 pick 'up for sale' ?

The Atlanta Falcons hold the No. 4 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. That gives new general manager Terry Fontenot and head coach Arthur Smith a lot of option to think about.

With the plethora of good quarterbacks in the upcoming draft, some pundits predict the Falcons could draft their future signal caller. But with Matt Ryan back next year, and potentially in 2022, is that the most pressing need?

NFL Network analyst Steve Wyche joined the Midday Show on Tuesday and believes the Falcons will draft a quarterback but not with the No. 4 pick.

"I do think at some point a quarterback will be drafted by the Falcons--you can ask Terry Fontenot that in our conversation," Wyche told Andy and Randy. "It sounds like they are about drafting a quarterback. I just don't think it's going to be at the fourth overall pick."

"I actually think that pick is going to be up for sale ... I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to move back, just so they can add some of the positions that they really need to add to."

Wyche also said there's going to be a lot of long-term thinking by Fontenot and Smith while also trying to win now.

"I think you compete while building."

Sidenote:

With Arthur Smith system... Building a run game with his scheme makes the job easier on the QB like a great Playcaller should..... Remember how most felt Tannehill was a freaking back up after his 6 years with Miami....

My point is this man has shown the ability to have a QB friendly system and developing a QB.... Another lowkey signing is TJ. Yates... Im interested to see if they do like a not 4th overall QBs..... Its some QBs that has potential but they will most def have to sit behind Mat 2 or 3 years and develop.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rumors say the Jets are looking to trade him. I think our 3rd this year and maybe a 6th next year could get it done. He would have 2 years on his contract. If we like what we see, extend him. If not,

https://www.radio.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-falcons/atlanta-falcons-no-4-pick-up-for-sale           Sidenote:         With Arthur

I would put Sam Darnold in that category

4 minutes ago, atljbo said:

https://www.radio.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-falcons/atlanta-falcons-no-4-pick-up-for-sale

Sidenote:

With Arthur Smith system... Building a run game with his scheme makes the job easier on the QB like a great Playcaller should..... Remember how most felt Tannehill was a freaking back up after his 6 years with Miami....

My point is this man has shown the ability to have a QB friendly system and developing a QB.... Another lowkey signing is TJ. Yates... Im interested to see if they do like a not 4th overall QBs..... Its some QBs that has potential but they will most def have to sit behind Mat 2 or 3 years and develop.

3 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Never thought about Sam..... The only reason i dont think he fits it is because i think he is ready to go now... I think he is in Tannehill position.... Just need a shot with a talented Playcaller with talent around him

5 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Never thought about Sam..... The only reason i dont think he fits it is because i think he is ready to go now... I think he is in Tannehill position.... Just need a shot with a talented Playcaller with talent around him

Rumors say the Jets are looking to trade him. I think our 3rd this year and maybe a 6th next year could get it done. He would have 2 years on his contract. If we like what we see, extend him. If not, he's a viable backup for 2 years

Edited by Mister pudding
1 minute ago, Mister pudding said:

Rumors say the Jets are looking to trade him. I think our 3rd this year and maybe a 6th next year could get it done. He would have 2 years on his contract. If we like what we see, extend him. If not, he's a viable backup for 2 years

I think we are looking for a backup developmental guy who can be a starter in 2 or 3 years...... I think Sam and his Contract is ready to go now...

Sa Donald has 1 year left (this year dirt cheap) then you have the 5th year option in 2022 which will be around 25mil... That plus Matts contract  isnt doable next year.

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Title makes it sounds like this is a report from someone with knowledge saying that's actually the case

Reading tells you this is just his opinion though

thats the title they have up... I put a question mark right behind that thing just for you bruh

• atljbo changed the title to 929 The Game - Falcons' No. 4 pick 'up for sale' ?

Ive said this before.. I would be looking at Carolina and the Washington football team at 19...... I would want Picks to go with Brian Burns (The Panthers) or Montez Sweat (WFT) .

Get you a young for sure pass rusher on a cheap contract for atleast 3 years plus draft picks

19 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I think we are looking for a backup developmental guy who can be a starter in 2 or 3 years...... I think Sam and his Contract is ready to go now...

Sa Donald has 1 year left (this year dirt cheap) then you have the 5th year option in 2022 which will be around 25mil... That plus Matts contract  isnt doable next year.

Couldn't we just offer him a contract after year 4 (if we like him) without exercising that 5th year option?

Edited by Mister pudding
18 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Couldn't we just offer him a contract after year 4 (if we like him) without exercising that 5th year option?

Yea but he is going to want starter money... Thats going to be more then 25 mil a year.

To me i just think he is in the position to show he is a starter now... His contract is running out so this is an important year for him.

He is kinda in the Jimmy G situation (When the Pats trade him)... Needs to go to his new team and ball out to earn that new contract

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

Sidenote:

That was a guest who said that, the Falcons never came out and said. As a matter of fact go listen to TF's interview on 92.9 with Dukes and Bell

Edited by blknoble357
2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Yea but he is going to want starter money... Thats going to be more then 25 mil a year.

To me i just think he is in the position to show he is a starter now... His contract is running out so this is an important year for him.

He is kinda in the Jimmy G situation (When the Pats trade him)... Needs to go to his new team and ball out to earn that new contract

Well, some team will have to have a leap of faith to dish out $25/yr to a qb who was traded so they can draft a replacement qb. He can WANT whatever, but he'll get what is offered

45 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Title makes it sounds like this is a report from someone with knowledge saying that's actually the case

Reading tells you this is just his opinion though

Exactly Sir, the Falcons never came out and said anything except  TF on Dukes and Bell a couple of minutes ago

50 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

How desperate of a team do we have to be to trade for a guy who admitted to seeing ghosts when the lights were bright.

I'd launch a campaign to fire Fontenot if we traded a top 100 pick for Mr. Mono.

26 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Take a QB with a mid or late-round pick? Might as well have just kept Benkert and use the pick on defense if you're going "developmental" instead of "franchise" QB.

TF just said this a rare opportunity and you dont get to pick this high up or you do not want to pick this high up often. I think he wants his guy at QB, whomever that maybe

Edited by blknoble357