First, just a recap.  Kyle Shannahan found ways to get the most from our offense and came up with great game plans to take advantage of defenses.  He took us to a SB.  There, his weakness was exposed.  Kyle wants you to know he can pass on any defense any time.  But, he cannot.  He needed to select his moments for passing and run the ball when he needs to.  As further evidence, he repeated this when he took the Niners to the SB.  He displayed the same weakness.

Shannahan was the best thing that happened to Quinn.  DQ may be a good defensive coach.  I am not convinced.  Time will tell.  But, Quinn thought being a HC was mostly a motivational job.  He did not have the Xs and Os to raise the level of the offense or defense.  As a result, the Falcons were like a rudderless ship.  There was plenty of propulsion power; there was a nearly water tight hull, but with no rudder, the ship could not go anywhere except in circles or following currents and wind. 

I have some suspicions with no real information to back this up.  I believe DQ demanded complete loyalty.  Perhaps to the point that good coaches left because they could not be "yes men".  Thomas Dimitroff did his own thing and often did not submit to the needs as stated by his HC.  Further, he as masterful at convincing McKay and Blank the lack of collusion was on the HC.  That is how he got two of them fired and eventually got himself fired.  No proof.  Just a gut feeling I have.  He was bad at drafting linemen and atrocious at selecting Free Agents.

Dirk Koetter is like the guy in the factory that does things the way they were done 30 years ago.  The young guys around him turn out 100 widgets per day while he turns out 5.  Still, he never looks up.  He never considers other possibilities.  He will continue to make 5 widgets a day until he no longer works in a factory.

This was a mess.  The Falcons were in a collapsed state.  And, that does not reflect on any player.  The players do not have the authority to change what was broken.

Now, we have sunshine.  There is hope.  I do not know what will happen, but there is no strong reason to disbelieve, and there is some historical evidence to begin to believe.  I am speaking of Terry Fontenot and Arthur Smith.  The team is not broken.  The Falcons do not have 28-3 disease.  Matt Ryan is not showing symptoms of 28-3.  Yet, there is a group of posters on here who continue to demand that everyone who went to that SB be purged.  We even have one poster who accused anyone of not accepting the delusion of the 28-3 plague as wanting a mediocre team and being hateful.  He cannot identify who this hate is projected to.  There are others who insist that if Matt Ryan is under center in 2021, this team will not get to even 8-8. 

Please feel free to continue to call for Ryan's dismissal.  Please feel free to state that a QB at 4 is more than an option, it is essential.  It is the only way to be successful.  Please continue to state that I want a mediocre team.  You will not see me respond.  If you continually post your agenda to purge this team of 28-3, I will put you on ignore.  I have tried to have sensible discussions with no less that a dozen of you and you have failed repeatedly to substantiate your opinion.  Have fun, but without me.  You are on ignore.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First, just a recap.  Kyle Shannahan found ways to get the most from our offense and came up with great game plans to take advantage of defenses.  He took us to a SB.  There, his weakness was exposed.

You wasted a few minutes of my time. I hope you're ashamed of yourself

4 minutes ago, jetpac said:

He didn't get exposed. Devonta Freeman, got exposed and we forgot how to run the ball even though we were averaging 6 yards a pop. It was such a sight to see.

Of course he was exposed.  Shannahan was responsible for running the ball.  Still, some of you want to blame an organization's on a single player.  Does that sound believable?

Was it a Niners RB who got exposed when they went to the SB?

Edited by NorthGaBoy
4 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

Dirk Koetter is like the guy in the factory that does things the way they were done 30 years ago.  The young guys around him turn out 100 widgets per day while he turns out 5.  Still, he never looks up.  He never considers other possibilities.  He will continue to make 5 widgets a day until he no longer works in a factory.

Old bull - Young bull.

Keep cranking out those 100 widgets a day.  Old bull goes home happy, has a drink, ***** em all.

5 hours ago, NorthGaBoy said:

Of course he was exposed.  Shannahan was responsible for running the ball.  Still, some of you want to blame an organization's on a single player.  Does that sound believable?

Was it a Niners RB who got exposed when they went to the SB?

What are you talking about? Single player? No the Falcons as a whole ruined that game. Matt with his B.S. sack that he KNOWS you can't take in the red zone. Free with the missed block and a WIDE OPEN ALDRICK ROBINSON. Trust me, you can get over yourself we know how it happened.