Who thinks that Dean Pees will be the greatest defensive coordinator in Atlanta Falcons history?

7 hours ago, thanat0s said:

We are the elephant graveyard of defensive coaches. While I hope he's the man with the Midas touch, history says he'll get sucked into the swirling vortex of entropy that is any attempt to build a great defense here. Poor guy.

Somehow Wade Phillips survived a year and a half and lived to tell about it

If Pees has enough duct tape he can perhaps get this defense to playing around average in 2021. That would still make it one of the better defenses RYAN has had in his career.  I expect the offense to be very good, so an average defense may get us to playoffs.

We have some talent for sure, but we have some holes that will require a masterly off-season to adequately plug on that side of ball.

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

If Pees has enough duct tape he can perhaps get this defense to playing around average in 2021. That would still make it one of the better defenses RYAN has had in his career.  I expect the offense to be very good, so an average defense may get us to playoffs.

We have some talent for sure, but we have some holes that will require a masterly off-season to adequately plug on that side of ball.

Ulbrich and Morris had the defense playing decent except against the Bucs and Tom Brady. The Falcons defense looked decent in the 2nd half of 2019. For some reason Dan Quinn couldn't get this defense going until around week 9-10ish every year. 

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Ulbrich and Morris had the defense playing decent except against the Bucs and Tom Brady. The Falcons defense looked decent in the 2nd half of 2019. For some reason Dan Quinn couldn't get this defense going until around week 9-10ish every year. 

One way I see this working is if Pees can get the front 7 playing well, which includes getting a lot of pressure and sacks out of Fowler, good production  out of guys like Marlon Davidson and Cominsky, and draft and FA help in our secondary where maybe not studs but also not bad players making mistakes and blowing plays, it still has the possibility of being a good defense. 

I’m just hoping for a much improved defense. The Falcons defense is the Achille’s heel of this organization and is the largest contributing factor as to why the Falcons don’t have a SB win.  I don’t expect Pees to be here more than 1 or two years (the man is in his ‘70s), but I hope his predecessor is already on the staff and can continue the new system once Pees steps down.