Jaguars are going to take Justin Fields, Jets Trevor Lawrence and Dolphins Ja'Marr Chase

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Confirmed FFS70 alt account. 

Didn't Meyer say publicly that he ranked Lawrence as the #1 QB before the college football season started?

5 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Also the Jags OC is Darrell Bevel who spent 2011-2017 working with Russell Wilson. So again, Jags will go dual threat. Bevells scouting Russell Wilson and was responsible for him coming to Seattle. Dont think it is too far fetched that he does the same with Fields. 

Dual threat?

Trevor Lawrence has 17 rushing tds the past 2 college seasons.

2 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Again, more comparisons of Lawrence to Tannehill: 

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Draft-Scouting-Reports/Scouting-Report-Trevor-Lawrence.asp

The article in your link also compares Lawrence to Josh Allen and Justin Herbert.

You just only singled out Tannehill.

Player Comparison

Sometimes you get prospects that are just in a league of their own. I'm not going to say that Lawrence is going to step into the NFL immediately have the same level of success that he did at Clemson, but I do think he is the kind of rare prospect that will instantly make those around him better.

Still, the closest players I can think of like Ryan Tannehill, Josh Allen, and Justin Herbert, I would have hoped to have been as polished as Lawrence is at this current time. In fact, I can't, with all honesty, say that they have reached those expectations in the NFL either. I also wouldn't put their football IQ or leadership in the same category as Lawrence's either. That's not a knock on any of those three, who are all having exceptional 2020 seasons in the NFL. It's a testament to the kind of player I expect Lawrence to be in the NFL someday.

37 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Wilson has mobility and strong arm. He should go number 1 in my opinion but Lawrence and Fields played for bigger schools so they will go ahead of him which is good for us. I think a good compable for Wilson is Baker Mayfield.  I agree with scouts that say Trevor Lawrence is a Ryan Tannehill type QB and I think Fields is similar to a Dak Prescott. 

except Lawrence is way bigger than Tanny, much stronger arm, tougher in terms of being able to QB sneak and take a hit, probably a better runner in the open field. Walter is just saying he is mobile, smart and athletic but to a way lesser degree.

If you are so sure please bet your house on it! (literally place a bet) If you do it I'll put down cash too just to be part of this crazy ride

28 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

The article in your link also compares Lawrence to Josh Allen and Justin Herbert.

You just only singled out Tannehill.

Player Comparison

Sometimes you get prospects that are just in a league of their own. I'm not going to say that Lawrence is going to step into the NFL immediately have the same level of success that he did at Clemson, but I do think he is the kind of rare prospect that will instantly make those around him better.

Still, the closest players I can think of like Ryan Tannehill, Josh Allen, and Justin Herbert, I would have hoped to have been as polished as Lawrence is at this current time. In fact, I can't, with all honesty, say that they have reached those expectations in the NFL either. I also wouldn't put their football IQ or leadership in the same category as Lawrence's either. That's not a knock on any of those three, who are all having exceptional 2020 seasons in the NFL. It's a testament to the kind of player I expect Lawrence to be in the NFL someday.

Thank you for this. 

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

Go back and look how much Urban Meyer loves Fields and his comments two years ago how he thought Fields was better than Lawrence. You can take it to the bank. Fields goes first Lawrence 2nd. Leaving Falcons staring at Zach Wilson or OL Sewell. 

I dont see that happening but crazier things have went down on draft day

Sure, Fields was a good Collegiate QB for OSU.  He had a benefit of an NFL caliber OL that gave him all the time in the world. An elite running game and elite NFL caliber receivers wide open downfield.  On the opposite of the ball a stingy defense that shut down opponents.  In the NFL everyone plays at an elite level. Fields will have to make pre-snap reads, quick decisions, and throw the ball within 2-4 seconds to a blanketed WR anticipating a momentary open window to deliver the ball.  Fields is a few years away from developing into that type of QB, if he ever develops into one.  

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Go back and look how much Urban Meyer loves Fields and his comments two years ago how he thought Fields was better than Lawrence. You can take it to the bank. Fields goes first Lawrence 2nd. Leaving Falcons staring at Zach Wilson or OL Sewell. 

We can take it to the bank huh? 😬 Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, nevesmetro said:

Well I guess that's one way of getting the team moved to London. Jax fans will run them out of town

lmao. Bloody well right, governor. But those Jaguar blokes will be fine across the pond once they get that other football league on the run. Bit of a play on words there. Sorry about that. :ninja:

5 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Meyer's whole offense is predicated on Zone Read option. Quarterback Power, Speed Sweep etc...Urban Meyer's whole offense requires a dual threat QB. No way he takes Lawrence. Mark it. Fields is his dude. Lawrence would flounder in Meyer's offense.  While Clemson ran some Zone Read, Lawrence is stronger on throwing receivers open, short passes, deep ball and  Lawrence is more of a fit in a West Coast offense. Lawrence doesnt fit Meyer's offense at all.  Lawrence fits better in a vertical offense which is not what Meyer's runs. 

Wait, that's the whole talk here is that Lawrence is a runner and so is Zach.

4 hours ago, cyofish said:

Sure, Fields was a good Collegiate QB for OSU.  He had a benefit of an NFL caliber OL that gave him all the time in the world. An elite running game and elite NFL caliber receivers wide open downfield.  On the opposite of the ball a stingy defense that shut down opponents.  In the NFL everyone plays at an elite level. Fields will have to make pre-snap reads, quick decisions, and throw the ball within 2-4 seconds to a blanketed WR anticipating a momentary open window to deliver the ball.  Fields is a few years away from developing into that type of QB, if he ever develops into one.  

He outplayed Lawrence running a NFL offense. Lawrence is the one that NFL people are wondering about because he didn't run a NFL offense.