Jaguars are going to take Justin Fields, Jets Trevor Lawrence and Dolphins Ja'Marr Chase

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Confirmed FFS70 alt account. 

Didn't Meyer say publicly that he ranked Lawrence as the #1 QB before the college football season started?

8 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

You can offer up facts and quotes to the OP. Really grill him with reason, but it won't do any good and his stance won't change. You know why?

Like George Jefferson said, The (refried) beans don't burn on the grill! 😂

Meyer's whole offense is predicated on Zone Read option. Quarterback Power, Speed Sweep etc...Urban Meyer's whole offense requires a dual threat QB. No way he takes Lawrence. Mark it. Fields is his dude. Lawrence would flounder in Meyer's offense.  While Clemson ran some Zone Read, Lawrence is stronger on throwing receivers open, short passes, deep ball and  Lawrence is more of a fit in a West Coast offense. Lawrence doesnt fit Meyer's offense at all.  Lawrence fits better in a vertical offense which is not what Meyer's runs. 

8 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Meyer's whole offense is predicated on Zone Read option. Quarterback Power, Speed Sweep etc...Urban Meyer's whole offense requires a dual threat QB. No way he takes Lawrence. Mark it. Fields is his dude. Lawrence would flounder in Meyer's offense.  While Clemson ran some Zone Read, Lawrence is stronger on throwing receivers open, short passes, deep ball and  Lawrence is more of a fit in a West Coast offense. Lawrence doesnt fit Meyer's offense at all.  Lawrence fits better in a vertical offense which is not what Meyer's runs. 

Devil's advocate, perhaps Meyer sees that Lawrence can run a version of his scheme.  Who's the more polished QB in the draft?  Arguably Lawrence.  

3 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Wilson is the better of the three anyway. 

He weirdly reminds me physically with Ty Detmer.  Similar build.  He has skills, a bit raw, not much experience, so he is really a good two years away from competing to start.  He has the physical skills.  Dude needs to bulk up a bit, with his frame he will be murdered.

16 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Most scouting services say that Trevor Lawrence is a Ryan Tannehill comparable. 

Show me one besides the Walter Football link. And it says he will be a better version of Ryan Tannehill. Other links compare him to Watson and Herbert. Sounds like you've bought into the Walter Football scouting report.

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

He weirdly reminds me physically with Ty Detmer.  Similar build.  He has skills, a bit raw, not much experience, so he is really a good two years away from competing to start.  He has the physical skills.  Dude needs to bulk up a bit, with his frame he will be murdered.

Wilson has mobility and strong arm. He should go number 1 in my opinion but Lawrence and Fields played for bigger schools so they will go ahead of him which is good for us. I think a good compable for Wilson is Baker Mayfield.  I agree with scouts that say Trevor Lawrence is a Ryan Tannehill type QB and I think Fields is similar to a Dak Prescott.