• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since cap money is never an issue (haha), let us discuss free agents in positions of need at the moment. This will be the first move Fontenot plays in this revisional game of chess. I did not include

Mike Davis tweeted tonight that he loves Atlanta...we have a need for rb...ijs...

Davis was practically a number 1 rb due to mccaffery’s injury last year and he ran for 695 and 6 rushing touchdowns averaging 3.9 ypc.    Gurley ran for 678 w 9 rushing td and avg 3.5 ypc.   

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Possibly but from what little I saw of him last year he may be done.

Not sure, he may be but i doubt it. He's only 28 and basically had the last 2 years to rest lol. It's those kind of signings that can make a difference if the cards fall into place. Like Antonio Brown and Fournette last year for the Bucs

47 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Not sure, he may be but i doubt it. He's only 28 and basically had the last 2 years to rest lol. It's those kind of signings that can make a difference if the cards fall into place. Like Antonio Brown and Fournette last year for the Bucs

I think he'd be a great signing if he came cheap enough. Heck, I might take a flier on AP for a year.

18 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Vet running backs always somewhat scare me, unless they were like a RB2 with their old team.  College kids can step right in, for usually cheaper, fresher legs and can get moving day one.  

The Falcons have brought in way too many past their prime RBs.  Jackson, Rozier, Gurley, Dickerson (**** I'm dating myself.)

Bell wore out his welcome, then played on a really bad team, but i'm not sure he is washed up at 28. His receiving ability alone could be fruitful... in addition to a young, drafted rb that is

7 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Malik Hooker could be a steal. Low risk, high reward.

I would love to see Arthur Smith reunited with Jonnu Smith, but suspect he's gonna get paid. 

What the heck happened to M Hooker? It seems like injuries have derailed his career but was so highly regarded in the draft.  Sucks to see him and Derwin James always injured. Very similar to Keke.  I'm curious to see if TF looks at him. He always seemed to have success bringing in unwanted pieces and finding a role for them with the Saints.

9 minutes ago, Snozberies17 said:

What the heck happened to M Hooker? It seems like injuries have derailed his career but was so highly regarded in the draft.  Sucks to see him and Derwin James always injured. Very similar to Keke.  I'm curious to see if TF looks at him. He always seemed to have success bringing in unwanted pieces and finding a role for them with the Saints.

Absolutely nothing wrong with looking at a hooker. The threshold is crossed once one pays for one. 

Man what a free agent class! Some good dudes available. What a year to have no cap space. I hope they can work some cap magic and snag us some players.

I'd love to snag Mike Davis. I'm now convinced that the running game will be making a big time comeback in the NFL cause modern defenses always play nickel so they've got the smaller faster guys to defend the pass. That's why I want a Mike Davis or someone like him. He destroyed our light and fast defense last season. Everything is cyclical is this league and I think it's time it came back. We definitely also should spend like a 3rd or 4th on a RB though. A high second sounds way too rich for a RB, and it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of bellcow type of RBs in this draft.

I wouldn't be mad about resigning Mack either, but only if he's willing to take a paycut. His production has dropped and he's been injured. Still need to find the longterm solution to the position though. Whether that's Henny or not, I have no clue. I think that the o-line is going to perform a lot better under an actual scheme, and AS used to play on the o line so I get the feeling that the position will receive particular attention.

I have no idea what Pees is gonna do with the defense, but I'm very excited to see. I hope we cut like 80% of the defense, cause it seems like most of them are dead weight. I'm sure we'll keep the rookies and the few the actually performed, but outside of that I'm so ready to see this roster turn over.

5 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Vet running backs always somewhat scare me, unless they were like a RB2 with their old team.  College kids can step right in, for usually cheaper, fresher legs and can get moving day one.  

The Falcons have brought in way too many past their prime RBs.  Jackson, Rozier, Gurley, Dickerson (**** I'm dating myself.)

Yes sir. Time to get off the Fail Train and try a different mode of acquisition, preferably younger and cheaper.