Similarities between Falcons franchise and San Diego Chargers franchise.

Look yall. I think where we are as a franchise is basically like how San Diego was in last years draft.  We have Matt Ryan they had Philip Rivers, They kept holding on to a good QB hoping he would get them over the hump but finally chose to cut bait and build for the future. I see so many similarities between Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers it is uncanny.  And even when I look at the Chargers records it is almost identical to ours over the last 10 years. 4 good years and then YEARS of mediocracy. I am not saying we should draft a QB this year but it is just erie the similarities. Look at Chargers record then go look at ours. Chargers to the left Falcons on the right. 

image.png.836ab32b42b55680afe7ca8993de056b.pngimage.png.1e47b8648292079b592bb0d67f30de94.png

12 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Look yall. I think where we are as a franchise is basically like how San Diego was in last years draft.  We have Matt Ryan they had Philip Rivers, They kept holding on to a good QB hoping he would get them over the hump but finally chose to cut bait and build for the future. I see so many similarities between Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers it is uncanny.  And even when I look at the Chargers records it is almost identical to ours over the last 10 years. 4 good years and then YEARS of mediocracy. I am not saying we should draft a QB this year but it is just erie the similarities. Look at Chargers record then go look at ours. Chargers to the left Falcons on the right. 

image.png.836ab32b42b55680afe7ca8993de056b.pngimage.png.1e47b8648292079b592bb0d67f30de94.png

Did you listen to the locked on podcast? And they compaired us to the Charges the year they took Mike Williams over Watson or Mahomes. 

10 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Did you listen to the locked on podcast? And they compaired us to the Charges the year they took Mike Williams over Watson or Mahomes. 

No I didnt hear that one. I am hoping we have better results this year with our new coach. i think we will, but Chargers got a running game and still didnt do well. Even had Bosa on D Line, Chargers and Falcons are like same franchise. just snake bit. 

Just now, Refried Beans said:

No I didnt hear that one. I am hoping we have better results this year with our new coach. i think we will, but Chargers got a running game and still didnt do well. Even had Bosa on D Line, Chargers and Falcons are like same franchise. just snake bit. 

Well that year I was talking about the Chargers drafted Mike Williams instead of a QB, and Rivers was 36. They still had a decent team like us and was not ready to somewhat start over. They tried one last run for 4 years, then draft Justin. So that worked out for them. 

So last years team doesn't much us as well. Matt is better and younger than Rivers. Even 4 years ago Matt was better.

13 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Well that year I was talking about the Chargers drafted Mike Williams instead of a QB, and Rivers was 36. They still had a decent team like us and was not ready to somewhat start over. They tried one last run for 4 years, then draft Justin. So that worked out for them. 

So last years team doesn't much us as well. Matt is better and younger than Rivers. Even 4 years ago Matt was better.

Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers, Frankenstein in a foot race. Who wins? 

1 minute ago, Refried Beans said:

This draft has some good QBs in it. Deep draft for QBs. No one is even talking about Kyle Trask.  

Got a feeling if he shows off the arm strength at his ProDay he could go in the late first. Dude reminds me of Big Ben. Big and slippery in the pocket. He could end up being a steal. It seems to happen almost every year with one of the QBs taken later in the draft turns out to be better than the first ones. 

1 minute ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Yep lol.  No one gonna mention that Rivers is 3 years older than Ryan too?  

I know where this post is trying to go but this aint it.... Ryan is younger and better.

To the topic,.. Yall aint gotta do all this..... All yall gotta say is Matt is still a good QB but i wanna go younger and more athletic....

Yall dont have to do all this propaganda ****...lol

4 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I know where this post is trying to go but this aint it.... Ryan is younger and better.

To the topic,.. Yall aint gotta do all this..... All yall gotta say is Matt is still a good QB but i wanna go younger and more athletic....

Yall dont have to do all this propaganda ****...lol

I would at least respect someone if they said that.  Problem is that it still wouldn’t fly with me because of the dead money.  

3 hours ago, Snozberies17 said:

The biggest similarities that came to my mind were they both continuously failed to build a strong supporting defense and never had a plan for the Oline.

Naw chargers had teams just couldn't get pass NE ,Indy Pitts and Bal