Trey Lance Game Tape Analysis

Just now, JDaveG said:

That’s actually a downside to me. You’re more likely to have to throw into tight windows to move the chains in the NFL. His lack of competition is the main thing that moves him down my board. He has all the physical tools and by all accounts is smart and works hard. It’s just unknown whether he can do it at the next level because we just don’t have it on film. 

yes. this.

his tape is littered with QB runs for TDs (which has not been a measuring stick for NFL championships Vick/Newton/Jackson) and WIDE OPEN TDs to uncovered receivers (mostly TEs with 5+ yards on defenders).

that is not the pro game

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually kind of like Lance. I think sitting on the bench for a year or two is his ideal situation. He has great raw potential; his arm strength and athleticism is there. He just needs some mechanic

This is a pretty decent analysis on Trey Lance, for those of you who are hoping we trade down and draft this kid. 

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

I don't know, I think Niners are looking to shock the world.

Mac Jones could start instantly.

I hope that's what they do. I just think its suspect that all the rumors had us liking Lance and then after his pro day San Fran jumps up to 3.  HOPE its Mac though.