Trey Lance Game Tape Analysis

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Interesting. Is he any good? Does he have sources? 

He actually seems to be pretty plugged in.  He hits on a lot and doesn't seem to throw stuff out there unless it has legs but they could be feeding him smoke who knows.

Draft Diamonds retweeted that saying he keeps hearing the same things.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually kind of like Lance. I think sitting on the bench for a year or two is his ideal situation. He has great raw potential; his arm strength and athleticism is there. He just needs some mechanic

This is a pretty decent analysis on Trey Lance, for those of you who are hoping we trade down and draft this kid. 

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Happens every year. Most of the draft prospects fizzle out in NFL if they can’t overcome bad.

True, but it all depends on the system a team has on how they develop their QBs and the environment they're thrown into.

I think the Falcons would be a good situation because of Ryan.

Teams like the Niners, Broncos, Eagles, Bears, and Washington would be terrible because it'll be almost certain Lance will start before he's ready.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

True, but it all depends on the system a team has on how they develop their QBs and the environment they're thrown into.

Teams like the Niners, Broncos, Eagles, Bears, and Washington would be terrible because it'll be almost certain Lance will start before he's ready.

Washington would be a solid spot for him to step in and be asked to be a game manager until he's ready to get all of the keys. Mainly because the defense will be a huge benefit

7 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Miami controls the draft I don’t see Jacksonville or NYJ moving off their spot unless they get king ransom. 

I agree.  We were that Texans Week 17 loss away from that spot too...oof...

Though if it goes QB, QB, QB that may force a team to move up with us to secure that 4th and final QB from that tier.  Seems like it's Lawrence.........Wilson/Fields/Lance.....Jones...

We may still be in a good spot.  I just don't want a qb at 4 but not up to me!

27 minutes ago, athell said:

BA has been saying Lance to Atlanta for a bit now...

We'd be perfect and probably one of the only teams that can give Lance the perfect environment to be groomed. The only other team that I could think of that would trade up to 3, give away capital, and take a guy that will need a year or so to develop is one thats in our division.. 

15 hours ago, UK13 said:

Yeah cause everyone knows when you excell against top competition like (central Arkansas,  south Missouri) your obviously awesome .... falcons have bigger needs then a qb this year ... that would be a wasted pick if thats the way they go. He'd get destroyed behind the garbage line we have anyway 

There are no difference makers on defense in this draft anyway. No Bosa, No Chase Young, No Derwin James no one No Myles Garrett 

42 minutes ago, 804_Falconfan said:

I didn't get a chance to check the pro day but I heard there were some missed throws. Also saw someone say they challenged him more as far as the throws than the usual pro day. Don't know how true that is but its something I've seen floating around. 

Almost all the misses were to the right side. 2 were catchable and 2-3 were uncatchable. It was pretty fast paced and had a nice variety of route combinations, some simulated reads and simulated pressure so he can do some off platform throws on the run. Justin Hardy was one of the receivers catching passes.

This one and a throw on the run (having trouble finding it) were the best throws of the day.

2 minutes ago, The Architect said:

Almost all the misses were to the right side. 2 were catchable and 2-3 were uncatchable. It was pretty fast paced and had a nice variety of route combinations, some simulated reads and simulated pressure so he can do some off platform throws on the run. Justin Hardy was one of the receivers catching passes.

This one and a throw on the run (having trouble finding it) were the best throws of the day.

Thanks!

NFL.com just posted the full video. I'm checking it out now. 

55 minutes ago, athell said:

BA has been saying Lance to Atlanta for a bit now...

39 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Well yeah.

Forgot about that defense. How is Washington's run game?

Haven't watched much of them last season.

they have a nice run game with the kid they picked up last year in the draft 

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Niners and Bears are better options than Falcons. Niners and Bears both have good teams and very good Offensive minded HC. They don’t need QB to play hero ball like in Atlanta.

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Niners and Bears are better options than Falcons. Niners and Bears both have good teams and very good Offensive minded HC. They don’t need QB to play hero ball like in Atlanta.

Bears had a defense and decent run game under Nagy with Trubisky.

Trubisky wasn't good, but I have a feeling that wasn't solely on Trubisky as much as people think.

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Bears had a defense and decent run game under Nagy with Trubisky.

Trubisky wasn't good, but I have a feeling that wasn't solely on Trubisky as much as people think.

I agree. I wasn’t blaming Trubisky, just the fact that the QB doesn’t have to do a lot with those two teams. Defense, run game and HC who can help the young QB. 

On 3/12/2021 at 5:42 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Whew man. Year after year we see these big name prospects from power 5 schools that play nothing but top notch competition week in and week out. 

/Purple

I agree ... i dont think he's a very accurate passer ... personally id rather have sewell

10 hours ago, Doug Carlton said:

what elevates him are all those wide-open catches for TDs...

That’s actually a downside to me. You’re more likely to have to throw into tight windows to move the chains in the NFL. His lack of competition is the main thing that moves him down my board. He has all the physical tools and by all accounts is smart and works hard. It’s just unknown whether he can do it at the next level because we just don’t have it on film.