Trey Lance Game Tape Analysis

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually kind of like Lance. I think sitting on the bench for a year or two is his ideal situation. He has great raw potential; his arm strength and athleticism is there. He just needs some mechanic

This is a pretty decent analysis on Trey Lance, for those of you who are hoping we trade down and draft this kid. 

15 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Lance is definitely a 1st round QB with a low floor and high ceiling.

But his LT at NDSU is a mauling animal.  He is a top 20 talent who has All Pro potential. Maybe the Falcons land both

His whole OL is beastly. Their RT has 100 knockdown blocks. That's insane.

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Ironic I see this thread after seeing this 

What do you think about him?

I think he has the highest potential out of any QB in this draft. Also the most risky QB prospect in this draft.

I could see him as an All Pro or at least a top 6 QB, but could also see him as a bust depending on what his situation is coming into the NFL.

4 hours ago, Joey563 said:

You think he would be a good trade back into the first QB to sit behind Ryan and learn from A Smith for a couple seasons?

I don't like that move....its a good chance we trade down and pick up picks...I think it kind of defeats the purpose by trading down just to give up the assets you just obtained..just my opinion 

If they want him that bad...draft him after the trade....and keep the picks

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think he has the highest potential out of any QB in this draft. Also the most risky QB prospect in this draft.

I could see him as an All Pro or at least a top 6 QB, but could also see him as a bust depending on what his situation is coming into the NFL.

Give me until lunchtime 

3 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

I actually kind of like Lance. I think sitting on the bench for a year or two is his ideal situation. He has great raw potential; his arm strength and athleticism is there. He just needs some mechanic work, but his upside is great. 

I see the imperfections in his game as being easily fixed by an NFL QB Coach. His ceiling is as high as any other QB in this draft, if not higher than most. And you're right, sitting on the bench behind Matty Ice can't do anything but help a guy like him. 

What makes this even more interesting is how often JT O'Sullivan mentioned scheme. Not only do I think AS can scheme guys open, but a lot of those concepts look similar to things that AS already likes to do. I definitely think this could be a fit if he gets a year or two to sit. I don't see the ability to go through progressions in this video, but pre snap motion and things of the like could hide that weakness at least some of the time.

He's got the highest ceiling of the QBs in the draft and Atlanta is the perfect destination for him considering he'll be sitting behind Matt Ryan for at least one season. It would be nice if we could get him in a trade back scenario but I wouldn't be mad at all if he was "our guy" and we just went ahead and got him at 4.

27 minutes ago, Arkridge said:

He's got the highest ceiling of the QBs in the draft and Atlanta is the perfect destination for him considering he'll be sitting behind Matt Ryan for at least one season. It would be nice if we could get him in a trade back scenario but I wouldn't be mad at all if he was "our guy" and we just went ahead and got him at 4.

He is seriously a diamond in the rough. The Falcons or the 49ers would be a perfect situation for him to sit and learn from and I hope we get the kid at around pick 6 to 10

9 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

So i just watched breakdowns for the past hour and a half. The biggest thing that stands out is that he has hoppy(no that is not a typo) feet and can be inaccurate in wide open situations. Tight spiral and nice zip which is a great thing. I think I agree with you about the highest potential and most risky, which in my opinion gives him the highest potential. He's one that would benefit greatly from sitting and learning. 

As for drafting him, I wouldn't be against it, but it would happen in a trade down, not #4. Personally I would much rather take a hard look at Mac Jones before settling on these top names. Check this video out if you get a chance. Points out both positives and negatives

9 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I don't like that move....its a good chance we trade down and pick up picks...I think it kind of defeats the purpose by trading down just to give up the assets you just obtained..just my opinion 

If they want him that bad...draft him after the trade....and keep the picks

That's how I would feel If we traded up next year for a QB.