Who do you think the Jets and Dolphins will most likely pick at 2 and 3? (Falcons related)

I'm trying to figure out who will most likely be available at 4 for the Falcons assuming they don't trade back. 

Let's assume the jags take Trevor Lawrence.

I'm guessing the Jets take Fields or Wilson. But you never know.

The dolphins are a big mystery. I hope they don't take Sewell. 

Who do you guys think the Jets and Dolphins are the most likely to pick at 2 and 3?

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP

I think both trade down with teams that need QB's.  I see QB's going 1-2-3.

That would leave us in the worst possible situation.  There is only one other QB prospect that is consistently considered worthy of a top-10 selection:  Lance.  

So, we would either draft at #4 or attempt a trade down with a partner that knows that they can draft Lance a bit later.  

I struggle to see the Dolphins trade down (unless its still within the top 8 ) as they already have so much draft capital and are in need of a WR of dynamic proportions. I mean they were very  nearly a playoff team and that defense looked amazing. They have some good cap room to add in some players of merit and get some help for Tua.

20 minutes ago, emc008 said:

I struggle to see the Dolphins trade down (unless its still within the top 8 ) as they already have so much draft capital and are in need of a WR of dynamic proportions. I mean they were very  nearly a playoff team and that defense looked amazing. They have some good cap room to add in some players of merit and get some help for Tua.

Well they (the Dolphins) could expect that if they don't trade down, the Falcons will (or take Fields) and another QB comes off the board. I could easily see them trading down with Carolina but no further as Sewell will come off the board before them. That still lands them one of the best WRs in Chase, Smith or Waddell unless they all three go back to back to back (extremely unlikely). Let's not forget, Waddell was like the 13th best WR and only played 4 games all year. He is going to be as much of a beast as Chase and Smith most likely.

They don't need a LT. Both their tackles are rookies, and like everyone else, they see a deep tackle class, but they need interior linemen to include center. Although their left tackle can also play OG (so maybe).

They also need a single high safety, which is the only piece missing in their DB backfield.

I don't see Sewell at all. Arguably they also need an edge or rush linebacker and RB, both of which are projected in the second half of the first (unless they go Parsons).

Mostly, they need playmakers. Playmakers to take their offense to the next level and I think they'd love to add picks in the late first, 2nd or 3rd round with a slight trade back. They can complete their roster with starters in this draft.

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm trying to figure out who will most likely be available at 4 for the Falcons assuming they don't trade back. 

Who do you guys think the Jets and Dolphins are the most likely to pick at 2 and 3?

Jets will take wilson imo.

Dolphins will take Sewell or Top WR imo. Probably will be greatly affected by combine.

1 hour ago, FalconBlood said:

Jets will take wilson imo.

Dolphins will take Sewell or Top WR imo. Probably will be greatly affected by combine.

Agreed.  I could see the Dolphins trading down though too and if I had to guess it will be with the Panthers who take Fields.  I know they are supposedly loading up on cap space to make a ridiculous offer for Watson but I just don’t think Houston is gonna trade him.  

1. JAX - Lawrence

2. NYJ - Wilson

3. MIA - Sewell

Barring any trades this is the most likely scenario, as well as the worst for the Falcons IMO. Lowers the value to trade the pick and also makes a tougher pick if they stay at 4. These are the 3 guys that could yield a haul in a trade down. Not gonna get as much demand for Fields or a WR.

32 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

1. JAX - Lawrence

2. NYJ - Wilson

3. MIA - Sewell

Barring any trades this is the most likely scenario, as well as the worst for the Falcons IMO. Lowers the value to trade the pick and also makes a tougher pick if they stay at 4. These are the 3 guys that could yield a haul in a trade down. Not gonna get as much demand for Fields or a WR.

Just saying if we tanked a couple of games we'd been looking at Trevor Wilson or Zach Wilson

18 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

My best friend is a Dolphins fan, so I hear a bit of draft rumors from him for time to time. So far he’s been saying if they keep Tua expect them to draft weapons for him like the top WR and top RB. However they could very well go Sewell and RB as well. The hot rumor is that they are trying to trade Tua, and both their 1sts for Watson. Which is probably the most even trade they’ll get. 

My best guess is one of these scenarios...

NY-

Fields/Wilson and trade Darnold on draft night. 

Keep Darnold, add either Sewell or Chase/Smith

Trade out entirely, likely to Philly/Carolina and get a WR there

Miami-

Sewell

Chase/Smith

Draft the remaining QB and ship Tua off on draft night. 

Trade out to the same teams Philly/Carolina

I don't think there is a chance at all that Miami takes a QB. I think it's at best 60/40 that NY does. Both of those teams have young guys who need pieces around them to find out who they are. 

I still think the top 3 guys will  probably be QBs. I just think it could be something like Jax, Philly, Carolina, not Jax, NY, Miami.