2021 Braves Regular Season Thread

AUTiger7222

15 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Not buying that from Ozuna. I doubt cops with bodycams would make such big accusations and say that they personally witnessed it happened. 

I absolutely agree in general. However, two different incidents did come to mind. One was Thabo Sefolosha, and the other was Masai Ujiri. So, I cannot completely dismiss it.

50 minutes ago, jidady said:

I absolutely agree in general. However, two different incidents did come to mind. One was Thabo Sefolosha, and the other was Masai Ujiri. So, I cannot completely dismiss it.

I don't know who those guys are but I will say Brian Banks and the Duke Lacrosse team. Both were wrongly accused and punished.

5 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't know who those guys are but I will say Brian Banks and the Duke Lacrosse team. Both were wrongly accused and punished.

Thabo's the guy NYC cops beat up, thereby ending Atlanta's spectacular year when Korver couldn't miss:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19087188/thabo-sefolosha-atlanta-hawks-settles-lawsuit-vs-new-york-police-department-officers

Ujiri was the President of the Raptors during a playoff game when a cop prevented him from taking the court to celebrate with his team. The cop shoved him twice but claimed that Ujiri punched him. The moron's bodycam outed his lie. Our country is so messed up about this stuff that the COP SUED HIM.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30955818/raptors-president-masai-ujiri-wants-fight-wrongly-accused-post-finals-incident-lost-moment-people-lost-their-lives

16 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Not buying that from Ozuna. I doubt cops with bodycams would make such big accusations and say that they personally witnessed it happened. 

I mean it is not like there isn't a history of police lying. This was the original headline for George Floyd.

"Man Dies After Medical Incident During Police Interaction"

Does it mean that they are lying?

No.

But if there is body cam footage  and if it does show something different then the official report then that is something that would change things IMO.

If the footage shows what the report showed then....he is SOL.

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Thabo's the guy NYC cops beat up, thereby ending Atlanta's spectacular year when Korver couldn't miss:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19087188/thabo-sefolosha-atlanta-hawks-settles-lawsuit-vs-new-york-police-department-officers

Ujiri was the President of the Raptors during a playoff game when a cop prevented him from taking the court to celebrate with his team. The cop shoved him twice but claimed that Ujiri punched him. The moron's bodycam outed his lie. Our country is so messed up about this stuff that the COP SUED HIM.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30955818/raptors-president-masai-ujiri-wants-fight-wrongly-accused-post-finals-incident-lost-moment-people-lost-their-lives

Ah, yes, you’re totally right. Ozuna could be telling the truth. We haven’t seen the video. But it’s not totally out of the realm of possibility with the way blacks are treated by police.

It is interesting that he has not been suspended yet.

Doesn't MLB usually move pretty quickly on these sorts of things?

It has been nearly a whole month since he was arrested and I would think that he would have been suspended by now  pending the outcome of the investigation.

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

It is interesting that he has not been suspended yet.

Doesn't MLB usually move pretty quickly on these sorts of things?

It has been nearly a whole month since he was arrested and I would think that he would have been suspended by now  pending the outcome of the investigation.

There's no need for MLB to rush into a suspension since he's on the restricted list. It's basically like being suspended. MLB has to wait for due process of the legal system in matters like this. If MLB was to suspend him and then Ozuna were to be found innocent they would have a heIl of a lawsuit on their hands from the MLBPA.

2 hours ago, brdu4 said:

Important stretch of series coming up. No reason to not be above .500 and possibly in 1st before All Star Break

ATL has MIA, PIT, MIA

Mets have NYY, MIL, PIT

Nats have LAD, SD, SF

Except the Braves are 2-5 against the Marlins this year.

Fun fact: Bruce Sutter is still on the Braves payroll. The final annuity payment comes due this year followed by a balloon payment next year.  The Braves have been on the hook for $1.12 million every year since 1988, and in 2022, when Sutter is 69 years old, they owe him a balloon payment of that $9.1 million. All in all, it's over $47 million for a pitcher who delivered just 40 saves for a team that averaged 96 losses per season.

I believe he also made a similar deal with Al Hrabosky

Edited by Skott Lee

Folks are really running with the Neslony thing.

Minor trades like this happen all the time. Neslony is not a prospect, but has been a good organizational filler since he was drafted. In all likelihood he was going to get cut anyway, and they did him a solid by trading him to another minor league team that had a spot that was close by (he goes from Pearl, MS to Birmingham, AL). Wouldn't be surprised if the "trade" was for $1.