2021 Braves Regular Season Thread

AUTiger7222

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

The OF future is Acuña, Michael Harris and then who knows who the third is. Hopefully sooner rather than later while we can use Ozuna as the DH

I've always liked Waters more than Pache as a future piece. Not a knock on Pache who I think will be a gold glover and eventually a serviceable bat. I just like Waters more as an impact player. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

I've always liked Waters more than Pache as a future piece. Not a knock on Pache who I think will be a gold glover and eventually a serviceable bat. I just like Waters more as an impact player. 

It’s gonna be tough to pick between them,  hopefully because both show promise 

On 5/23/2021 at 9:38 PM, K26dp said:

Current Braves on franchise HR lists by position:

1B Freeman - 1st
2B Albies - 3rd
SS Swanson - 5th
3B Riley - 10th
OF Acuna - 10th
OF Inciarte - 45th
OF Ozuna - 55th
C Contreras - 48th
P Ynoa - 27th

C Contreras - 48th........Wow.

https://www.talkingchop.com/platform/amp/atlanta-braves-prospects-minor-leagues/2021/5/27/22456729/atlanta-braves-top-30-prospects-performance-2021

Some promising young players here. Excited about Harris even though he’s a ways away still. Sounds like Waters have improved they think and we have some decent young pitchers. 

Ive heard good stuff about Vodnik, and he’s the guy I’m gonna watch closely 

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

I wonder what we could have gotten for him before he missed 2 straight seasons.

This is why I'll always trade prospects.

I would have traded a few of them, but not Soroka. The Achilles was a freak injury. I think he will be able to bounce back just fine from it. 

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Guess we'll see, 2 years is a long time.

Others came out and said what Snit said isn’t true yet. Still a chance he could pitch this year. Kind of concerning everyone isn’t on the same page 

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I hate to say it but his career is probably shot. Absolutely horrific. Looks like @jidady was correct again. I really wish he would stop being right!

Everything about this sucks.

We had Jair hurt his knee, Medlen ruin his elbow, and now this. It's a brutal run of luck for Atlanta pitchers who look like they're going to be perennial Cy Young candidates.

35 minutes ago, jidady said:

Everything about this sucks.

We had Jair hurt his knee, Medlen ruin his elbow, and now this. It's a brutal run of luck for Atlanta pitchers who look like they're going to be perennial Cy Young candidates.

It makes no sense that the Braves best pitchers are the ones that have their careers ruined like this too. Just absolutely brutal. Must be some kind of price we have to pay for all the years of Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz.