2021 Braves Regular Season Thread

AUTiger7222

32 minutes ago, brdu4 said:

Atlanta Braves (@Braves) Tweeted:
The #Braves today reinstated LHP Sean Newcomb from the injured list, recalled RHP Edgar Santana to Atlanta and transferred RHP Mike Soroka to the 60-day IL. The club optioned RHP Bryse Wilson and INF Johan Camargo to the alternate training site following last night’s game.

Well that’s disappointing news about Soroka. Guarantees we won’t see him until July at the earliest.

19 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Well that’s disappointing news about Soroka. Guarantees we won’t see him until July at the earliest.

It's retroactive to March 31, so he can be activated in June.

5 hours ago, The Kingfish said:
Does Anthopolous have a desire to keep him?  Is Bryce Ball the future?  Financial flexibility? 

Can he sign Freddie to an 8 year $90 million deal?!?!?! Bet he's gonna try! 

13 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Minor league rosters were revealed ahead of today's Opening Day. Here's my thoughts

Those prospects in low and high A are going to have to come out of the gates fast. There are about to be 20 draft picks breathing down their necks in 2.5 months.

18 hours ago, Ransack said:

Those prospects in low and high A are going to have to come out of the gates fast. There are about to be 20 draft picks breathing down their necks in 2.5 months.

Remember the draft is now in July. Other than maybe the top pick, it's doubtful any of them get to low-A before the end of the season. 

The guys pushing them are in extended spring training. 

9 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I was thinking about this today, a realistic trade target would be Ian Kennedy. Rangers are expected to fall out of the race. My biggest reason for wanting Kennedy is he has 0 walks and 17 strikeouts in 13 innings this year. He's also doing it in high-leverage situations, 8 saves.

Gibson is having a really good year for them too. I wouldn't give up a lot to have Gibson added but could be one to watch for a package deal. This of course pending him keeping up the pace.  

Soroka is so good when he can actually pitch. His biggest issue is going to be injuries it appears. That’s 2 of the 3 seasons since he debuted that have been seriously hurt by injuries 

46 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Oh crap. So that pretty much rules out him pitching this year. I was so fearful he would push himself too hard and have a major setback like this.

He didn't over do it. He's been limping on it all spring. The "shoulder issue" was a red herring to take focus off of it. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Soroka's surgery was a success. Snitker said they just cleaned it up a bit. They won't have an idea about his return for a few weeks. Theyll know more once that heals and hes back at it

Exactly why I didn't free out like the rest of Braves country did.

28 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Exactly why I didn't free out like the rest of Braves country did.

According to Paul Byrd, Snitker has been hinting to media that Soroka may be out all of 2021. 

10 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

According to Paul Byrd, Snitker has been hinting to media that Soroka may be out all of 2021. 

He may not come back this year. But that's not the end of the world. We had people freaking out that his career was over.