The Still-Waiting-On-Stranger-Things-4-Tread

I watched season one in a weekend. Blew my mind, not because it was great but because it was interesting. Season two was meh and season three was basically that show's equivalent of Game of Thrones season seven. I'll watch the next one but I don't care about it nearly as much as The Boys season three or The Witcher season two. And God forbid they should ever decide to make a second season of Watchmen. Or the Outsider.

20 hours ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

First season was great. Other two, meh.

17 hours ago, biloxifalcon said:

Watched the 1st one, part of the 2nd, and none of the 3rd.

Stupid story. 

I played the mobile game thinking that would make me interested. That didn't work. 

End of stupid story

27 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Stupid story. 

I played the mobile game thinking that would make me interested. That didn't work. 

End of stupid story

I might be reading this wrong but you judged a tv series based on if the mobile game was interesting?

Season 1 was lightning in a bottle, it had the 80's references that the book Ready Player One pulled off, but to which the movie failed to do justice, it coaxed great performances from a group of unknown pre-teen actors, it turned David Harbour into a leading actor and brought Winona Ryder back to relevance.

There's only so much you can squeeze out of a story based around a portal to another dimension opening and being re-closed by a gifted child.

The punk episode in season 2 is probably the worst single episode of a television show I've ever seen.

6198.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

With the younger cast getting older, I think this will be a welcome change. It needs a refresh.

I agree.  Allowing more time, we see a newer dynamic.  It has that IT quality really.  You know the Mind flayer is plotting, but the best vengeance is a meal served cold.

4 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Season 1 was lightning in a bottle, it had the 80's references that the book Ready Player One pulled off, but to which the movie failed to do justice, it coaxed great performances from a group of unknown pre-teen actors, it turned David Harbour into a leading actor and brought Winona Ryder back to relevance.

There's only so much you can squeeze out of a story based around a portal to another dimension opening and being re-closed by a gifted child.

The punk episode in season 2 is probably the worst single episode of a television show I've ever seen.

Yeah, and it was indicative of why the show fell off after the first season. Seems like the creators got a contract for 10 episodes but had a story that was more in line for six. That episode was just filler in a season full of filler content. I lowered my expectations of season three based on that and it pretty much lived down to my expectations.

4 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I'm in two minds about this episode.  It was heavy handed and felt out of place.  The story however, opens up the obligatory spin off that will happen.  Millie Bobby Brown will be too big to be a part of it by then, but, setting up the "brothers and sisters" behooves Netflix in the future.  It was just handled wrong.  It might have been a nice mini series by itself.  Two or three episodes to explore that world.