Who will start at QB for the 49ers in week 1?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously, watching ESPN for in depth sports analysis is like trying to get stock picks from Nickelodeon

The debate continues. I think MR contract won't allow a trade this year but I could see Fonty trading him next year.  Good point about all the talent at the skill positions for MR through out his

Posted Images

Not to be a Matt Ryan apologist but he DID have them in a position to win in 2016. No way that loss can go on him. Poor defense and poor play calling lost that game.

2012 again the defense gives up a big lead that Ryan had helped build. We almost certainly would have beaten the Ravens that year. 

With San Francisco’s defense they win both of those. 

46 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

Boxing has turned into a niche sport, it will never be as big as it once was, but it will never die out, as alot of people like to say. Too many hardcore fans, who will never jump ship no matter what happens.

I don't understand the appeal of any sport where the goal is to beat the **** out of the other person. That's just not my idea of entertainment or fun.

14 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Combat is the oldest form of sports entertainment.

Probably the oldest form of entertainment altogether.

Yeah, I'm aware. I just don't see the appeal of it today. Back in the gladiator days I understand why they did it. They really didn't have anything else to do. But today? I figured humans would have evolved beyond that but I'm in the minority in that I just don't understand it. Most guys (a few women) get into an argument with someone and they want to go "settle it" by fighting someone. That's just not me. I don't get into fights. Never have. I always walked away because I knew I'd get my *** beat and I rather just avoid that. I saw this dude get his nose broke once and that's the most blood I've ever seen in my life.

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

That's just not me. I don't get into fights. Never have. I always walked away because I knew I'd get my *** beat and I rather just avoid that. I saw this dude get his nose broke once and that's the most blood I've ever seen in my life.

This is why you don't find it appealing. 9 times out of 10, people don't even want to fight. They just want to hear themselves talking loudly to draw a scene. 

Getting paid 6-7 figures is an entirely different animal. Especially if it's something you love doing. If you aren't going to get paid to fight, no it's not worth it. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is why you don't find it appealing. 9 times out of 10, people don't even want to fight. They just want to hear themselves talking loudly to draw a scene. 

Getting paid 6-7 figures is an entirely different animal. Especially if it's something you love doing. If you aren't going to get paid to fight, no it's not worth it. 

Yeah, pay enough money and you could make it worth it to someone. Maybe even me. LOL! I'd take getting my *** beat if I was getting a mega check out of the deal.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yeah, I'm aware. I just don't see the appeal of it today. Back in the gladiator days I understand why they did it. They really didn't have anything else to do. But today? I figured humans would have evolved beyond that but I'm in the minority in that I just don't understand it. Most guys (a few women) get into an argument with someone and they want to go "settle it" by fighting someone. That's just not me. I don't get into fights. Never have. I always walked away because I knew I'd get my *** beat and I rather just avoid that. I saw this dude get his nose broke once and that's the most blood I've ever seen in my life.

I think that combat sports have evolved though.

It's more geared towards competitive nature. Fighters actually respect each other in most cases despite the trash talk to promote a fight.

It hasn't been about blood and gore for a few hundred years. It's about testing skill, will, and making money while doing so.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I don't understand the appeal of any sport where the goal is to beat the **** out of the other person. That's just not my idea of entertainment or fun.

LOL football isn't much better.

Guys probably get best up as bad in football and rugby as MMA.

3 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Not to be a Matt Ryan apologist but he DID have them in a position to win in 2016. No way that loss can go on him. Poor defense and poor play calling lost that game.

2012 again the defense gives up a big lead that Ryan had helped build. We almost certainly would have beaten the Ravens that year. 

With San Francisco’s defense they win both of those. 

In 2012 we should have gone to the SB if Harry Douglas didn’t trip over himself after that catch on the sideline. He could have waltzed into the endzone