2 minutes ago, brewman said:

As far as I can tell, we currently have 1 QB on the roster (assuming Schaub is actually retiring).  Any doubt we either draft an early QB, or are, somehow, active in the FA QB market?

We will probably draft a QB at some point and he'll be third behind whoever we get in free agency. I'm sure we'll have one on the PS also.

Backup QB should be of minimal concern right now.

Will play a lot in preseason

Will play if Ryan is injured in a game which likely means we are going to lose it

Would probably be replaced by a youngster (Fields, Lance?) if Ryan is going to be out for a long time

Would be great to see if we have monumental Q4 leads

Not to say we do not need one but just that this position should be signed in June or July.

Definitely seems like they really want to go QB in the draft. I just hope they dont just take QB#3 or 4 if the draft goes QB QB, or QB QB QB ahead of the just to say they took a QB. That's how you become the Browns. I know everyone loves the "hype" of these QBs but history shows out of the 5 that are in 1st  round conversation probably 3 will Bust

14 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Benkert was an undrafted free agent who sat on the practice squad most of the year. Actually, most of his time with us. will

And Schaub is retiring. 

We usually only carry 2 QBs on the active roster. That we have one on the roster doesn't mean a whole lot.

We will probably have 5-6 on the roster going into training camp.  Sure, some will be camp arms, but it does seem to point to a 1st or 2nd round QB being picked.

8 hours ago, brewman said:

We will probably have 5-6 on the roster going into training camp.  Sure, some will be camp arms, but it does seem to point to a 1st or 2nd round QB being picked.

I don't think it means anything. And we've never had more than 4 that I can remember in the last 40ish years. And never more than 3 when the season starts. I can't see 5-6 QBs in any situation.