Just now, Williamb said:

Not realistically. But I do agree with your assessment about this front office and will not argue about whatever decision they make. I see good things in this group.

It’s not realistic when you look at it in terms of a unified/consensus draft board across all teams. When looking at it from a team specific level it becomes a little clearer. If the talent level is equal then you select based on need. At 4 there’s better BPA than QB at that point. I’m actually excited about this years draft because of all the possibilities. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, because we'll be in our feeling for years to come when we have to draft or sign another one. Haste makes waste. These guys you all like are avg at the NFL level.

68 more days of this.

Look bro, you guys got it twisted. Nobody thinks a rookies will come in, and automatically take us to a Super Bowl. Matt is making a killing, and right now, it's killing us. If someone is willing to m

20 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

It’s not realistic when you look at it in terms of a unified/consensus draft board across all teams. When looking at it from a team specific level it becomes a little clearer. If the talent level is equal then you select based on need. At 4 there’s better BPA than QB at that point. I’m actually excited about this years draft because of all the possibilities. 

Much agreement!

I applaud PFF for trying to quantify player performance but it is so hard in football. It is such a team dependent game. QB’s are extremely important to the success of a team but more evidence points to them being dependent on their teammates and coaching staff. So many players struggled for one team only to have a renaissance with another. It is hard for QB’s to overcome bad coaching and a bad supporting cast.

Metrics like this work in baseball because of how independent each players performance is compared to the rest of the team. I don’t see how you can compare QB’s because of all the factors that impact their performance.

You guys have convinced me not to take a QB at 4. I’ll take Penei Sewell at 4 and QBs in rounds 2 through 7.  There’s bound to be a good one in there somewhere. Let the competition begin! 

Matt Ryan should be teaching a rookie QB in my opinion. With only four wins this season, let’s find something he can do well. Maybe FS? He is bigger than Rico was and almost as fast. 

11 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I applaud PFF for trying to quantify player performance but it is so hard in football. It is such a team dependent game. QB’s are extremely important to the success of a team but more evidence points to them being dependent on their teammates and coaching staff. So many players struggled for one team only to have a renaissance with another. It is hard for QB’s to overcome bad coaching and a bad supporting cast.

Metrics like this work in baseball because of how independent each players performance is compared to the rest of the team. I don’t see how you can compare QB’s because of all the factors that impact their performance.

/thread