Quarterback WAR:

This is stupid. Heck yeah I'm emotional. That's what sports or any entertainment is, stoking of emotions. Want and desire are emotions. I want and desire to WIN NOW!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Anyone here that says they aren't emotional is a datum liar or at the very least a psychopath. Yes!!! I'm emotional. I dont WANT THOSE QBs...I actually want a new (mobile) QB probably more than anyone here. NOT THESE QBs...why? Emotions. I dont LIKE them. 

So yeah, you got me. I'm thinking with my emotions. Fact is though, I dont LIKE the one we got. Dont ask, it's just a fact going back to 2007. But I'd rather pick defense and run over the QBs in the top 10 of THIS draft. Because I DONT LIKE THEM. And I wont. Ever. I wont talk about why because I dont discuss religion and politics openly and that's what Quarterback has become. Again, emotions.

I’m surprised that the WR position comes in second in the metric and wonder how they truly separate a WR’s or TE’s performance from the QB performance, when the QB’s impact is obviously by far the most significant.

In my mind and generally speaking, an elite WR can’t perform without a decent QB, but an elite QB can still perform at a high level with sub par receivers. 

Falcons might be a case study on how this is a stupid stat... weak running game and bad defensive line (lowest WARs) and the strength of the team has been QB/WR. 

Edited by cyberlian

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

This is stupid. Heck yeah I'm emotional. That's what sports or any entertainment is, stoking of emotions. Want and desire are emotions. I want and desire to WIN NOW!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Anyone here that says they aren't emotional is a datum liar or at the very least a psychopath. Yes!!! I'm emotional. I dont WANT THOSE QBs...I actually want a new (mobile) QB probably more than anyone here. NOT THESE QBs...why? Emotions. I dont LIKE them. 

So yeah, you got me. I'm thinking with my emotions. Fact is though, I dont LIKE the one we got. Dont ask, it's just a fact going back to 2007. But I'd rather pick defense and run over the QBs in the top 10 of THIS draft. Because I DONT LIKE THEM. And I wont. Ever. I wont talk about why because I dont discuss religion and politics openly and that's what Quarterback has become. Again, emotions.

Trust.

11 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

There is absolutely no logical justification for trading up this year, absolutely none.

11 hours ago, athell said:

💯

Didn’t Matt Ryan blow 28-3?

🤪

LOGIC! Get that man OUT of here! (I mean he is old as dirt that’s just the real reason; may as well walk if he cared about the team. ??? Profit!)

10 hours ago, Rings said:

Correct.  Bad depth, bad coaching, bad scheme and bad play calling gets you 4-12.  Don’t forget going into Week 17 this team was -1 in point differential, this wasn’t a normal 4–12 team.  0-5 before firing Quinn, 4-7 after.  Imagine if we had fired DK as well.  Gonna be a fun year.

Wasn’t there a data source that indicated we were the 3rd most underachieving team based on our point differential? 7-9 was the floor that team should have been at. Yeah, it still functioned mostly as a 7-9 team and drove us all insane but at least we saw it was “pretending to be 4-12” when the data and film shows the difference in why.

10 hours ago, Rings said:

CBS sports had Mason Rudolph as the best QB in the 2018 draft class.  You and I can both agree there is zero chance anyone there actually thought that and it was just click bait to get traffic to a dying site with washed up / no names calling the shots there.  Anyone can throw out a hot take, it’s why Skip Bayless has a job.

Exactly.

38 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Didn’t Matt Ryan blow 28-3?

🤪

LOGIC! Get that man OUT of here! (I mean he is old as dirt that’s just the real reason; may as well walk if he cared about the team. ??? Profit!)

well...    a scenario question for you, and all.  IF Brady had been the Falcons QB in our SB can you say, without ANY doubt, that he would have also complied with the play call(s) after completing that pass to Julio? or wouldn't have perhaps called a timeout (clock was already stopped so no diff on game clock) to "discuss" with Quinn and Shanahan?

yeah...  my opinion i know, but when the HC/OC tell you to lead your Platoon over the cliff's edge, I tend to want my Platoon Leader to use his brain and good sense, and get clarity.

12 hours ago, falcons007 said:

When did I say that? I always said, DK was wrong hire to run WCO. It was DQ who hired him. In 2013 and 2014, who the **** did DK have? I will wait..

Stop making ish up. Lol

Bro, you went so far as to say Koetter > Shannahan.  You love Dirk

15 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. Multiple sources are saying at least three of the top five QB's slated to go high in the first round have the talent to be franchise quality. Here's just one thing I saw recently:

Matt Miller of The Draft Scout spoke to a college scouting director that believes BYU's Zach Wilson, not Lawrence, is the best quarterback in this year's class. The scout even compared Wilson to former NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes:

"What he does as a thrower and as a runner is exactly where we are as a league right now," the unnamed NFL scouting director said. "He throws some of those 50/50 balls with his shoulders square to the defense after running around in the pocket and I'm seeing Patrick Mahomes at Texas Tech all over again."

Miller isn't the only one coming to this conclusion. If knowledgeable people are comparing Zach Wilson to Patrick Mahomes, you know he's better than average in talent and potential. If we take him or Lance I'll be fine with it.

Multiple sources said JaMarcus Russell and Johnny Manzell were going to be a franchise QBs...don't think either of them worked out for those franchises that drafted them...

Those sources can be, and have been, wrong. I'm not trying to predict the future, I just hope that whoever we draft is the right choice...no matter what position they play.

1 minute ago, Alomar said:

Multiple sources said JaMarcus Russell and Johnny Manzell were going to be a franchise QBs...don't think either of them worked out for those franchises that drafted them...

Those sources can be, and have been, wrong. I'm not trying to predict the future, I just hope that whoever we draft is the right choice...no matter what position they play.

Sometimes the player goes to a crap team and his fate is sealed before he arrives. Manzell had some red flags I would assume considering how he ended up , but was picked high because of the obvious talent. Definitely drafted way, way too high, but as you point out, that often happens. Still, teams are always going to be willing to take big risks to get a franchise caliber QB.

I've said a bunch of times over the last few weeks I have a tremendous amount of faith and confidence in this new HC and FT and his front office people to draft the right players and bring in the right players in FA. I have my favorite players in the draft, but if we don't pick any of them, that will just be normal. lol.

Nobody hits on every draft choice, but I think this group is going to do very well, especially considering we're picking at the top of every round, not just the first round. This is going to be the most anticipated Falcon draft since 1965 and when the dust settles I fully expect it to exceed TATF expectations.

13 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Sometimes the player goes to a crap team and his fate is sealed before he arrives. Manzell had some red flags I would assume considering how he ended up , but was picked high because of the obvious talent. Definitely drafted way, way too high, but as you point out, that often happens. Still, teams are always going to be willing to take big risks to get a franchise caliber QB.

I've said a bunch of times over the last few weeks I have a tremendous amount of faith and confidence in this new HC and FT and his front office people to draft the right players and bring in the right players in FA. I have my favorite players in the draft, but if we don't pick any of them, that will just be normal. lol.

Nobody hits on every draft choice, but I think this group is going to do very well, especially considering we're picking at the top of every round, not just the first round. This is going to be the most anticipated Falcon draft since 1965 and when the dust settles I fully expect it to exceed TATF expectations.

One question. Why couldn’t AS fix Mariota, why did he need to trade for a veteran QB. Mariota was a number 2 over all pick. Same team and same coach.. 

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

One question. Why couldn’t AS fix Mariota, why did he need to trade for a veteran QB. Mariota was a number 2 over all pick. Same team and same coach.. 

Only he and Mariota know the answer to that. I personally don't have a clue, but I'm going to assume it had more to do with Mariota than with Arthur Smith until I learn otherwise.

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

Only he and Mariota know the answer to that. I personally don't have a clue, but I'm going to assume it had more to do with Mariota than with Arthur Smith until I learn otherwise.

We don’t know that, the fact is he couldn’t do anything with the young guy. 

19 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

We don’t know that, the fact is he couldn’t do anything with the young guy. 

So what? I'm pretty sure psychiatrists don't manage to cure every patient. That doesn't mean they aren't qualified to treat every other patient and have a reasonable chance at a positive outcome.

12 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I'm a sociopath and I don't want a QB at #4 😆 

1 hour ago, PapaJoe said:

well...    a scenario question for you, and all.  IF Brady had been the Falcons QB in our SB can you say, without ANY doubt, that he would have also complied with the play call(s) after completing that pass to Julio? or wouldn't have perhaps called a timeout (clock was already stopped so no diff on game clock) to "discuss" with Quinn and Shanahan?

yeah...  my opinion i know, but when the HC/OC tell you to lead your Platoon over the cliff's edge, I tend to want my Platoon Leader to use his brain and good sense, and get clarity.

In your hindsight analysis framed together with a made up scenario, you aren’t including the times Brady failed.

Brady has never made the SB with a defense as bad as the Falcons.

Ryan did.

Playing aggressive was how they got there.

^Conversely, I don’t believe Tom ever needed to tell Bill Belichick how to be a head coach. ;)

I do believe you may move goalposts, but the facts remain.

It's a very odd situation. How many top 5 teams have had a franchise, former MVP QB still on the roster? Taking a QB or not it's almost unprecedented. 

Odds are Ryan would be the better QB for the next 2-3 years so what are you going to do, get worse at the position in year two with the hope that the young QB will be better eventually? Smith only has a three year contract. Does he want to put that on an aging veteran, who is still above average or a rookie, with the hopes he can take the reigns?

I think that is what's lost in a lot of this. Matt Ryan is a competitor. He is a great teammate and we assume he would help the rookie out but he won't necessarily go the extra mile. You can say the right things and do everything on the surface but you know there will always be a part of him that wants to kick this kids teeth in. Also, we may be cleaning house a bit but how will other veterans feel? Matt is their guy and raised a lot of them. They are professionals but people are going to have their favorites.

I hope whatever happens works out for the franchise, sooner rather than later. It just seems like there are more pitfalls than your typical suck a** franchise drafting in the top 5.