Jump to content

Quarterback WAR:


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

You don’t know any of that, just a big assumption based on emotions 

And a rookie wouldn’t be taking over the team, a rookie would be getting groomed to take over a team in the future. 

And you dont know any of them will be worth the pick. Just emotions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Joel Corey

You make the pick. Case Keenum as best signing for any one in 2018, AJ Bouyr as runner up or Patrick Robinson as Steal. 
 

I understand that every one misses but to claim a CBs analyst as better or equal to GM is crazy. I will just stop at this link, there are many boneheaded predictions by jC. He is much polite La Canfora his other CBS buddy. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-2017-nfl-contract-awards-feature-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

 

 

It's playing people that wind up being tooled by them.

It's called being manipulated by giving you what you want.

Most casual/emotional/irrational Atlanta fans want a mobile/new QB. Why wouldn't he write that? It's good for business.

Obviously, the Falcons would be insane not to look at QBs. For themselves or for a potential trade partner.

It is known.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jesus said:

68 more days of this.

 

You seriously think it's going to be over once the draft is done?

 

Guarantee you that it's going to be either posters bragging about how they were right if the Falcons choose a QB at 4, or be on here complaining and crying about why didn't the Falcons draft one at 4.

 

Either way, we are going to hear about it long after the draft is over.

 

 

.......get ready lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

You seriously think it's going to be over once the draft is done?

 

Guarantee you that it's going to be either posters bragging about how they were right if the Falcons choose a QB at 4, or be on here complaining and crying about why didn't the Falcons draft one at 4.

 

Either way, we are going to hear about it long after the draft is over.

 

 

.......get ready lol.

Honestly, I trust Fontenot. If it happens, I wont like it but that will also depend on FA and the rest of the draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Look bro, you guys got it twisted. Nobody thinks a rookies will come in, and automatically take us to a Super Bowl. Matt is making a killing, and right now, it's killing us. If someone is willing to make a trade for him and Julio, we would be stupid not to do it. It takes a lot more than bad play calling to make you finish 4-12, and to have 3 straight losing seasons.

Well said

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

You seriously think it's going to be over once the draft is done?

 

Guarantee you that it's going to be either posters bragging about how they were right if the Falcons choose a QB at 4, or be on here complaining and crying about why didn't the Falcons draft one at 4.

 

Either way, we are going to hear about it long after the draft is over.

 

 

.......get ready lol.

Oddly people tend to forget their favorite pre draft picks once they don't pan out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It's playing people that wind up being tooled by them.

It's called being manipulated by giving you what you want.

Most casual/emotional/irrational Atlanta fans want a mobile/new QB. Why wouldn't he write that? It's good for business.

Obviously, the Falcons would be insane not to look at QBs. For themselves or for a potential trade partner.

It is known.

Clicks. Honestly no different than Kiper,Mcshay or any beat writer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do so many think that drafting a QB at #4 will be like going out and buying a new car that will perfectly replace your existing car?

We succeeded the last time we drafted a top 10 QB with Ryan but that does not mean that Fields, Wilson, Lance, Jones, and even Lawrence will also be.  Just because a player led a great team in college means he will do the same in the NFL.  Maybe his collegiate success was really the result of a great OL, a great coach, a great set of receivers, or even a great defense.

Drafting a QB at #4 this year:

1) Will likely give us minimal regular season output

2) Would probably not even be the first call if Ryan was injured in a game

3) Might take over in 2022 or 2023 and need 1/2 season to season to fully develop

4) Could flop and be replaced with a veteran in 2024

5) Would then be replaced by another top 10 QB in 2025?

6) Could also be an injury nightmare who only plays 2 games his 1st season as starter

 

The key point is that just because a QB is drafted at #4 does not mean he is guaranteed to be an All-Pro, HOF-level sure thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

You seriously think it's going to be over once the draft is done?

 

Guarantee you that it's going to be either posters bragging about how they were right if the Falcons choose a QB at 4, or be on here complaining and crying about why didn't the Falcons draft one at 4.

 

Either way, we are going to hear about it long after the draft is over.

 

 

.......get ready lol.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, athell said:

The irony in the QB@4 club calling out people who will be all in their feelings is amazing.

I cannot wait for draft night.  Lots of crow will be eaten and we will see who has the balls to show their faces here after all these hot takes.

You think so? Mockers have tall tales about prospects before the draft. After they turn out duds they are never to be spoken again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder what Jameis Winston's war is?  Mariota?  Quinn?  Manziel?  Haskins?  Tebow?  Weeden?

What the girl scout club of QB@4 can't ever address or comprehend is the probability that the qb misses, of which the probability is significant and replacing an actual veteran franchise qb who, despite what some claim, is not washed or declining or whatever other garbage they regurgitate, but instead cannot shoulder the burden of carrying awful olines, no run game and awful defenses.  

Some of you clowns act like finding these guys is so easy.  There's a reason why there are something like 18 projected new qb's this year.  It ain't easy and missing, which GASP OMG THATS IMPOSSIBLE THESE ARE THE NEXT MAHOMES AND RODGERS, happens more often that hitting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, athell said:

I wonder what Jameis Winston's war is?  Mariota?  Quinn?  Manziel?  Haskins?  Tebow?  Weeden?

What the girl scout club of QB@4 can't ever address or comprehend is the probability that the qb misses, of which the probability is significant and replacing an actual veteran franchise qb who, despite what some claim, is not washed or declining or whatever other garbage they regurgitate, but instead cannot shoulder the burden of carrying awful olines, no run game and awful defenses.  

Some of you clowns act like finding these guys is so easy.  There's a reason why there are something like 18 projected new qb's this year.  It ain't easy and missing, which GASP OMG THATS IMPOSSIBLE THESE ARE THE NEXT MAHOMES AND RODGERS, happens more often that hitting.

You tell em!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Just joking.

 

But I agree that argument is is not a good one.

I gotcha. I actually thought about the center when i posted it and rationalized that he is almost as important as qb with ball management, reads, and such. I knew you were joking, just felt that it needed to be said for some people. I do wonder though what the kickers war would be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Williamb said:

I gotcha. I actually thought about the center when i posted it and rationalized that he is almost as important as qb with ball management, reads, and such. I knew you were joking, just felt that it needed to be said for some people. I do wonder though what the kickers war would be.

It's premium so not sure but just to provide some context Russel Wilson had the highest war last year and nearly doubled Lamar...so...

It's PFF and they have to have their hands in everything even though much of their stuff is highly flawed.  PFR has tracked this for a while, their AV metric which tracks value.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/av_year_by_year.htm

Another great example between the two is Tomlinson in 06/07.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/av_single_season.htm

One of the greatest seasons by a rb ever and PFR rated it the highest ever where as PFF ranked it a .34 (Russel last year was 4.09).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, athell said:

It's premium so not sure but just to provide some context Russel Wilson had the highest war last year and nearly doubled Lamar...so...

It's PFF and they have to have their hands in everything even though much of their stuff is highly flawed.  PFR has tracked this for a while, their AV metric which tracks value.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/av_year_by_year.htm

Amazing how many non qbs are on the list, hmmm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...