How To Improve As A Hitter

AUTiger7222

I'm watching the Auburn baseball game and the analyst is former Auburn pitcher and short-time Braves pitcher Gregg Olson. Olson played at Auburn in the late 80s with Frank Thomas.

Gregg Olson just said when he was playing for Auburn with Frank Thomas that Frank would bunt 100 pitches every day in practice and when asked about it he said that it helped him learn the strike zone, recognize pitches and be comfortable at the plate. I find that fascinating.

On 2/21/2021 at 4:07 PM, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm watching the Auburn baseball game and the analyst is former Auburn pitcher and short-time Braves pitcher Gregg Olson. Olson played at Auburn in the late 80s with Frank Thomas.

Gregg Olson just said when he was playing for Auburn with Frank Thomas that Frank would bunt 100 pitches every day in practice and when asked about it he said that it helped him learn the strike zone, recognize pitches and be comfortable at the plate. I find that fascinating.

You can tell hitters have abandoned creative ways to approach hitting. If your exit velocity and launch angle is sub par, you are a shiit hitter even if you’re hitting .300. From a hitters standpoint you gotta hit for power and if you’re a pitcher you gotta get strikeouts by throwing 98 mph or higher. There’s no pitching anymore it’s just throwing. The guy that throws low 90 fastball and can vary speeds has no place in the game anymore. It’s all about the radar gun. That what the game has become. Home runs and strikeouts.