Why I hope the Falcons win their first ever super bowl in the 2023 season?

The super bowl is in New Orleans that year! Matt Ryan and Julio Joneses last year under contract with the Falcons as well. Super bowl 58. (Jessie Tuggles number).

That would be a fairy tale ending but it was a fairy tale ending for John Elway, Ray Lewis and Peyton Manning so who knows.

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP

Man 2022 or 2023... Just one in my lifetime and I will cry more than I ever have in my life... Last time I cried was 28-3. I was at a SB party in San Diego where it was predominantly Pats fans. I was jumping all over couches being disrespectful like Rick James.... F yo Couch... And talking smack. Getting drunk... And by the end of the night I was in a bar by myself. Teared up at the bar. Drinking my pains away. I took the next day off and went straight to the bar when it opened up and got drunk as **** at the bar on Monday by myself. Crying. Not going to lie. I can admit. My fandom goes deep.

2 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Realistically there are some uncomfortable changes that need to occur before we can win a Lombardi. But I don’t think 3 years is unreasonable.  If Watson goes to NO or CAR could take longer. Just a lot of moving parts right now. 

Brady could be retired by then. Or father time. Maybe. 🙄

4 hours ago, 408Falcon said:

Man 2022 or 2023... Just one in my lifetime and I will cry more than I ever have in my life... Last time I cried was 28-3. I was at a SB party in San Diego where it was predominantly Pats fans. I was jumping all over couches being disrespectful like Rick James.... F yo Couch... And talking smack. Getting drunk... And by the end of the night I was in a bar by myself. Teared up at the bar. Drinking my pains away. I took the next day off and went straight to the bar when it opened up and got drunk as **** at the bar on Monday by myself. Crying. Not going to lie. I can admit. My fandom goes deep.

I watched it across the road at my neighbors house. Left when they tied it 28-28.  I had left my phone at home and when I checked it I saw my best bud text “Sorry man”.

Got plastered on a pint of vodka, when on an incoherent rant on TAFT....and got ban hammered at 1:30 a.m. 2/6/2017.

13 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Falcons record in 1997 was 7-9 and 2015 was 8-8. Both years preceding a Superbowl

but not 4-12

We may make the playoffs in 2021, but super bowl? Nah. I lost hope for that again after 2019.

If we did though...

Saints fans, prepare for 12 years of payback. Remember still bragging about a Super Bowl from 2009?

Edited by irrevelantfalconsfan
5 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

but not 4-12

We may make the playoffs in 2021, but super bowl? Nah. I lost hope for that again after 2019.

If we did though...

Saints fans, prepare for 12 years of payback. Remember still bragging about a Super Bowl from 2009?

This team last year could easily have had 7 or 8 wins. Easy.

9 minutes ago, irrevelantfalconsfan said:

7 wins would almost be worse. No progress, mid-round pick, and nobody saying we are better than our record.

I agree. But I was just comparing last years team to the teams we had prior to our Superbowl teams and I believe our team should have been at least an 8 win team