• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This dude needs to be playing FS for ATL.

Hows about Ar'Darius Washington  

If you make up for your height with range, awareness, and hops then it matters less.

5 hours ago, atljbo said:

Im a Richie Grant fan man....I see ppl say he lack some speed but i dont see it..... I also think he fits that interchangeable Safety coach Pees like...

He has that  Kevin Byard feel to me.... A ball hawking play maker who can play deep safety but also come up and make a tackle in the box.... He can also man up back there at Safety when needed (when blitzing)

Ok bruh this kid looks good.  Thanks for the info!

5 hours ago, atljbo said:

Im a Richie Grant fan man....I see ppl say he lack some speed but i dont see it..... I also think he fits that interchangeable Safety coach Pees like...

He has that  Kevin Byard feel to me.... A ball hawking play maker who can play deep safety but also come up and make a tackle in the box.... He can also man up back there at Safety when needed (when blitzing)

when it comes to safety, ball hawking skills/instincts > speed. grant's a baller.

16 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Washington, Ford, Holland, Hufanga, Hamsa, Grant, Cisco, and Sterns are pretty much good for this system. I'm not very high on any, but I would much rather look at FA and possibly go with a top CB in this draft. Surtain or Samuel. 

Since this years CB draft is more top heavy than deep, there will likely be an early run on CBs and the top four guys could likely be gone before our second. 

that is a very good point.

conversely, because the safety class is so stacked they'll almost all be available in rounds 2 and 3. teams won't be in a rush to draft one because they know they can get a stud later anyways.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

that is a very good point.

conversely, because the safety class is so stacked they'll almost all be available in rounds 2 and 3. teams won't be in a rush to draft one because they know they can get a stud later anyways.

We can grab the number 1 CB prospect and 1 S prospect in the first and second.. pair that with a Marcus Williams in FA ... we have a top 10 Secondary next year and year 2 watch out...

15 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

We can grab the number 1 CB prospect and 1 S prospect in the first and second.. pair that with a Marcus Williams in FA ... we have a top 10 Secondary next year and year 2 watch out...

and even if we miss on the #1 safety, #'s 2 through 6/7 are just as good. we could absolutely have a ridiculous defensive backfield very quickly.

19 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Like Marcus Williams a lot.  He should be affordable.  Like Simmons but someone is probably going to give him big money.  Shawn Williams would have to do a little more research on unless you got some feedback. I think Maye needs to get out Jet purgatory so he can finally show his skills!

I never was that impressed with Shawn Williams. Granted, I haven’t really watched much of him in the pros, so I’m sure he’s developed a ton. But in college he seemed to do everything ok but nothing really superb. He’d certain be an upgrade over what we’ve had, but I’m taking Williams or Mayes all day if I had the chance. 

4 hours ago, atljbo said:

Ive been talking about this... Its going to be a rIsk but man would i take it to get a potential talent like him on a good contract

I just REALLY worry about an Achilles tear. More so than an ACL tear. Now days an Achilles tear is like a 2 year recovery before there any resemblance to a player’s former self. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

He definitely should be up there. Surprised he’s not getting more love in here.

I agree.  Don't get me wrong I like the other safeties that other fans want but Cisco brings a little more in my opinion.  He has the ball skills and the hit factor which is what I look for in a safety.  

The scouting report The Draft Network has up on Cisco makes him sound like a slightly bigger Kazee.

Essentially says that while he's definitely got a nose for the ball & can make plays, he has a tendency to always look for the big hit or INT rather than playing fundamentally sound football... and thus gives up as many big plays as he makes. Says he's not very disciplined & while he has the tools to become a great FS, he's got a ways to go before he could truly be trusted. Also says he's not consistent at all with playing the run.

I take everything I read from the guys at The Draft Network with a grain of salt, because I'm not sure they have any more qualification than folks on this message board when it comes to player evaluation... but if there's truth to what they are saying about Cisco, that probably explains why he's not getting the love some other prospects are.

2 hours ago, realhomie81 said:

I agree.  Don't get me wrong I like the other safeties that other fans want but Cisco brings a little more in my opinion.  He has the ball skills and the hit factor which is what I look for in a safety.  

I’m assuming coming into draft that DE/corner/RB are 3 biggest priorities.....so unless we do a trade down, which I believe we will...I’m doubtful he’s still there in Rd 4....

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I just REALLY worry about an Achilles tear. More so than an ACL tear. Now days an Achilles tear is like a 2 year recovery before there any resemblance to a player’s former self. 

I get it... Its a risk man..... So i get it.... I just know our funds are limited and we have ALOT of roster spaces to fill.... People are on here talking about signing Safeties thats going to command 13-14 mil a year..... I can see us signing a couple of mid level freeagents