1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Agreed and FA safety is definitely going to be important.  Holland and Ford are my favorites and I like Washington’s game but I think I saw him listed at 5’8”.  

If you make up for your height with range, awareness, and hops then it matters less.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This dude needs to be playing FS for ATL.

Hows about Ar'Darius Washington  

If you make up for your height with range, awareness, and hops then it matters less.

39 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Spot on. 

Every time I think about short players or safeties for that matter, my mind goes to Bob Sanders. What career he could have had if health was on his side. 5'8" and often times the biggest and baddest man on the field. 

Same as Darrell Green. He was short but was insanely fast and a flat out bad dude. 

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

How about your FA choice? Give me either of the Marcus’s and I’m a thrilled. 

Like Marcus Williams a lot.  He should be affordable.  Like Simmons but someone is probably going to give him big money.  Shawn Williams would have to do a little more research on unless you got some feedback. I think Maye needs to get out Jet purgatory so he can finally show his skills!

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Very true bro!  He’s probably expecting people to look at his measurables and pass him up so I know this kid plays with a huge chip on his shoulder!!

Something tells me nobody is gonna look past these measurables

THE FREAKS

TCU had two players land on Bruce Feldman’s ‘College Football Freaks List’ with Moehrig and safety Ar’Darius Washington. Feldman, a writer for The Athletic, puts together an annual list of college football players who display rare physical abilities.

Moehrig is No. 33 on the list. The 6-foot-2, 208-pounder has a bench press of 400 pounds, squat of 600 pounds, power clean of 420 pounds and a vertical of 38 inches.

Washington is No. 23 on the list. The 5-foot-8, 179-pounder can bench press more than double his weight (370 pounds) and square more than triple it (640 pounds). He also has a power clean of 370 pounds and a 39-inch vertical

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

This safety Class is nice *** ****..... I dont think we want to start 2 rookie Safetiesbut man this is a nice class ... We should be able to get a starter in the 2nd,3rd, or 4th round to go along with whatever vet we sign

No doubt!! Who do you like the best out of this class?

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

This safety Class is nice *** ****..... I dont think we want to start 2 rookie Safetiesbut man this is a nice class ... We should be able to get a starter in the 2nd,3rd, or 4th round to go along with whatever vet we sign

Absolutely. This is a great year for us to need rb's and safeties. Easily the 2 best position groups in this draft.

:ninja:

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

No doubt!! Who do you like the best out of this class?

Im a Richie Grant fan man....I see ppl say he lack some speed but i dont see it..... I also think he fits that interchangeable Safety coach Pees like...

He has that  Kevin Byard feel to me.... A ball hawking play maker who can play deep safety but also come up and make a tackle in the box.... He can also man up back there at Safety when needed (when blitzing)

6 hours ago, atljbo said:

Marcus Williams and Holland or Washington... that would be a really nice combo to get this year...