New Atlanta Falcons Offense and Tight Ends

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, I’d flip a table if we took a TE at 4.

Came for the ✨tight ends✨ 😏

Brevin Jordan might be there around our 3rd pick as well

Stranger things have happened. If the Jets keep Darnold they'll be looking for weapons most likely. Pitts if being one of the highest if not highest tight end ever. Grades vs NFL performance don't always coincide. Whoever gets Pitts is going to have a red zone nightmare and make his teammates that much better. If he dropped to 4 and the Falcons take him I wouldn't mind.

My first preference is to trade down but whatever TF wants to do will all have to support it.

Sorry Pitts looks good ... but if you are going O at 4 better be Chase... he is a true game changer... we can get TE in the later rounds... we have a ex TE coach in smith so he can develop those guys... we have Hurst as our primary TE... just no buying TE at 4...

On 3/3/2021 at 11:44 PM, Fernando C. said:

Sorry Pitts looks good ... but if you are going O at 4 better be Chase... he is a true game changer... we can get TE in the later rounds... we have a ex TE coach in smith so he can develop those guys... we have Hurst as our primary TE... just no buying TE at 4...

I don't agree.  I think Pitts would be the more productive weapon.  Pitts is Gonzalez-like.  He is a difference-maker in the red zone and is consistent chain-mover. There is not a single other TE prospect that can come close to Pitts.....not even close.    

4 hours ago, *TMo* said:

Do we have in Florida Gator fans in here? Can Kyle Pitts block? He's kinda thin for a blocking TE. All I know is he gets open and catches the ball.

He is like Gonzalez was.  He is a receiver first and second.  With time, he can become an effective blocker, but not a great one.  

He appears to be a better red zone weapon than Julio.  He makes the contested catches and has the height and strength to be a constant threat.  

Finally an educational informative post.  A rare thing on TAFT lately.

Lets find another TE.  Sounds good.   So we keep our QB and fill in where we really need to fill in.

How about safety.  Yes or no?  And does anyone really think this oline can protect Matty?

Let me know.

👍

Not the only reason.  But one of the reasons we lost 10 games last year is because our coaches didn't understand how necessary TE play is to success in the NFL.  It's one of the reasons the Chiefs and the Bucs were in the Super Bowl.  Not sure why DQ didn't know that.  

Edit to say once again, Ryan is the guy we have.  Love, hate, indifferent, doesn't matter, he's the guy.  And Tight Ends play to his strength.  And our receivers can't be doubled down the line IF the defense believes Ryan has the option to throw close to the TE, Hurst or other.  It's a win-win for us to up our TE roster.  I think Hurst is good and can improve with more reps.  And I think we should be shopping FA and draft.  

Edited by Killing Floor
20 hours ago, etherdome said:

I don't agree.  I think Pitts would be the more productive weapon.  Pitts is Gonzalez-like.  He is a difference-maker in the red zone and is consistent chain-mover. There is not a single other TE prospect that can come close to Pitts.....not even close.    

Yeah its not a knock on Pitts he is good.. but for me Chase would be the better opcion.. Julio is almost done and Chase can come here and be the next  great WR in Falcons History.. I know we have Calvin but he is 26 years already.. and Hurst would be better utilize with AS as our coach.. to tell you the truth I am scared of Pitts at 4... but not scared of chase at 4... 

On 3/3/2021 at 7:11 PM, *TMo* said:

Just remember, great tight ends score touchdowns from the red zone. We could use some of that for sure. Kyle Pitts @ 4, bring him home Terry.

22 hours ago, etherdome said:

You had me at "red zone".

:swoon:

On 3/6/2021 at 10:43 PM, Fernando C. said:

Yeah its not a knock on Pitts he is good.. but for me Chase would be the better opcion.. Julio is almost done and Chase can come here and be the next  great WR in Falcons History.. I know we have Calvin but he is 26 years already.. and Hurst would be better utilize with AS as our coach.. to tell you the truth I am scared of Pitts at 4... but not scared of chase at 4... 

I hear what you are saying and I respect your opinion.  Chase is a terrific talent, for sure, but Pitts is the type of talent that we see every 5-10 years.  

And as far as Calvin's age, keep in mind the sort of receiver he is.  If he avoids a catastrophic injury, he has ten years of excellent production in front of him.  

On 3/3/2021 at 10:11 PM, *TMo* said:

Just remember, great tight ends score touchdowns from the red zone. We could use some of that for sure. Kyle Pitts @ 4, bring him home Terry.

That's why I have Pitts in my mock,, But IMO we can trade down a few picks and get Him and an extra pick or two.