New Atlanta Falcons Offense and Tight Ends

*TMo*

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

In the voice of the great Dan Reeves "you can never have enough TEs".

Haha, remember back when Reeves drafted OJ Santiago in the 3rd, then Reggie Kelly with a high 2nd, then Alge Crumpler with another high 2nd.....our fans were coming unglued. Kelly was just a blocker, but Alge was a stud

6 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Haha, remember back when Reeves drafted OJ Santiago in the 3rd, then Reggie Kelly with a high 2nd, then Alge Crumpler with another high 2nd.....our fans were coming unglued. Kelly was just a blocker, but Alge was a stud

You never have enough TEs bro. Look at the last few Championship teams. TEs in the mix. Gronk, Kelsey, Ertz you name it.

Matt Ryan's best years came when he had a bonafide TE on the roster. And a running game. Decent defenses. Gotta back to that.

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

If he's even 3/4 of what Kelce is, I wouldn't be mad at all at 4. With any semblance of a running game (oh, Pitts can block too), he could put our offense off the charts. But I do love Friermuth also. It's like picking which chocolate you're gonna eat in a box of assorted Russell Stovers chocolates. Best value at 4 has to be Wilson, Sewell, Chase, Pitts or Fields, and I really don't want a QB at 4. I can easily see Chase, Pitts or Sewell if we don't trade back.

Yeah man the #4 BPA group is looking like Sewell, Wilson, Fields, Chase, Pitts. Maybe Surtain or Parsons. Trade down.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You never have enough TEs bro. Look at the last few Championship teams. TEs in the mix. Gronk, Kelsey, Ertz you name it.

Matt Ryan's best years came when he had a bonafide TE on the roster. And a running game. Decent defenses. Gotta back to that.

You are spot on about having a stud TE on the roster, there is a reason Brady has always had one. If you want to match up with playoff caliber defenses you have to have the TE card to play.

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Man, I’d flip a table if we took a TE at 4.

I wouldn't hate it. If you feel he's bpa and no one wants to make a good trade offer just take him. Pretty much the best pass catcher in the draft and fits the system. If he's the guy, you take him and have confidence in your scouting.

1 minute ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

I wouldn't hate it. If you feel he's bpa and no one wants to make a good trade offer just take him. Pretty much the best pass catcher in the draft and fits the system. If he's the guy, you take him and have confidence in your scouting.

I agree in the logic....but imo.....a lot of games were lost because of defense...

We need defense in the worst way....

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Gronkowski was a second round pick.  I’m trying to think ( with out searching net) if any TE was drafted in top 5

Vernon Davis went 6th....Hockerson was 8th I think by the Lions

Just looked it up: 13 TE’s have been drafted top 10 since the merger

5 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I feel like there’s always a best in a long time label on prospects each draft. Look at the TEs that have gone high...OJHoward, Eric Ebron, Noah Fant...I just don’t value the position that high TBH. I would much rather take Freiermuth in round 2 who can do it all.

mid actually rather a QB at 4 than Pitts and I’m not for a QB that high, but the positional value helps justify it to me.

Yeah that's so true now that I think about it. There hasn't been many great TE prospects that actually lived up to the hype in a while. It seems like most of the good TEs have been around for a while at this point too. I guess that the most recent good TE has been George Kittle, and he was drafted in the fifth round.