New Atlanta Falcons Offense and Tight Ends

I have heard/read from several sources that Coach Arthur Smith uses two tight ends often. My son has been watching the Tennessee Titans games from last year. He says both of the tight ends in this offense have to be able to run routes. The Titans have two free agent tight ends in MyCole Pruitt (29yo, $2.5M last year) or Jonnu Smith (26yo, $776,572). My Son seems to think Smith will need to get paid. Could one of them fill a need for us?

Also, I know we are going to draft BPA and not need based (wink) but most people have Kyle Pitts from Florida rated in the top ten. I absolutely can't wait until the draft this year just to see if we're being told the truth. You know this time of year is NFL Poker Season.

Edited by *TMo*
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, I’d flip a table if we took a TE at 4.

Came for the ✨tight ends✨ 😏

Brevin Jordan might be there around our 3rd pick as well

16 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Man, I’d flip a table if we took a TE at 4.

I wouldn't if we address needs in free agency. I can see most needs being met in free agency and our first 2-4 picks being a mix of luxury and needs/BPA. Of the top 7 players that are BPA or can boost our offense, 3 are QBs, one lineman, 2 WRs and the last one is Pitts. If we don't go QB (who wouldn't contribute immediately) the only other players that could add immediate value would be a WR or Pitts. Hurst is on the last year of his contract, and in AS's offense he'll probably be looking to get paid substantially in 2022. Let him walk.

12 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

Maybe trade down a few spots. This guys is really good and could offset Julio's numbers when he's gone, really.

Pitts probably won't last past 6 or 7. You can't trade back far.

52 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

I have heard/read from several sources that Coach Arthur Smith uses two tight ends often. My son has been watching the Tennessee Titans games from last year. He says both of the tight ends in this offense have to be able to run routes. The Titans have two free agent tight ends in MyCole Pruitt (29yo, $2.5M last year) or Jonnu Smith (26yo, $776,572). My Son seems to think Smith will need to get paid. Could one of them fill a need for us?

Also, I know we are going to draft BPA and not need based (wink) but most people have Kyle Pitts from Florida rated in the top ten. I absolutely can't wait until the draft this year just to see if we're being told the truth. You know this time of year is NFL Poker Season.

I think we have one TE under contract right now so we will add at least two via FA, draft, trade or UDFA. Maybe more.

The last few Lombardi winners had a TE in play big time. In the voice of the great Dan Reeves "you can never have enough TEs".

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I think we have one TE under contract right now so we will add at least two via FA, draft, trade or UDFA. Maybe more.

The last few Lombardi winners had a TE in play big time. In the voice of the great Dan Reeves "you can never have enough TEs".

We still have Jayden Graham I believe. He showed some promise 2 years ago, but didn’t do much last year. I agree though we will at least add 1.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:36 PM, ATLskinjob said:

Same, but it sounds like Pitts is the best TE prospect in a long time. How would you feel if we traded down to like 10 or 12? That feels like a good spot to me.

I feel like there’s always a best in a long time label on prospects each draft. Look at the TEs that have gone high...OJHoward, Eric Ebron, Noah Fant (sorry Hockenson was the Iowa TE that went high)...I just don’t value the position that high TBH. I would much rather take Freiermuth in round 2 who can do it all.

mid actually rather a QB at 4 than Pitts and I’m not for a QB that high, but the positional value helps justify it to me.

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Stocker's a FA too. We have ONE TE under contract. Hurst. That's it bro. We need a couple three TEs.

Graham could catch the ball. He was a better blocker than Hoop. He would also have been cheaper than any FA TE we would sign. I feel like the dude got lost in the confusion.

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

If AS and TF think pitts is BPA. Go for it. 

If he's even 3/4 of what Kelce is, I wouldn't be mad at all at 4. With any semblance of a running game (oh, Pitts can block too), he could put our offense off the charts. But I do love Friermuth also. It's like picking which chocolate you're gonna eat in a box of assorted Russell Stovers chocolates. Best value at 4 has to be Wilson, Sewell, Chase, Pitts or Fields, and I really don't want a QB at 4. I can easily see Chase, Pitts or Sewell if we don't trade back.