Sounds Like TF Has A Handle On Things

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I also believe 2021 is Matt Ryan's last year w/ the Falcons.   I'm 50/50 on Julio being w/ Falcons past 2021.   Will depend on how his year and his health goes in 2021 if he sticks in 2022.   Falcons cannot move on from either player in 2021 but the juice has to be worth the squeeze w/ those two in 2022 or they could be gone. 

If Falcons draft a QB with #4, then Matt is certainly gone in 2022.

Bingo 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah ....I think we move Ryan.....       Right behind the center....

We aren't getting squat if we move matt and julio because we wouldn't be able to manipulate their contracts. We would eat the 63+ mil that would cost and that would be it. We would have zero wiggle ro

It is pointless trying to explain this.  You cannot reason with the dump Ryan fans.

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Yeah I do just say you read my post too fast and didn’t comprehend miss me with the smart ********…ryan isn’t going to be here in the future get use to the thought of it 

Chill out dude. Yes we know Ryan will most likely wont be here after this year. Dont be a prick about it

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I also believe 2021 is Matt Ryan's last year w/ the Falcons.   I'm 50/50 on Julio being w/ Falcons past 2021.   Will depend on how his year and his health goes in 2021 if he sticks in 2022.   Falcons cannot move on from either player in 2021 but the juice has to be worth the squeeze w/ those two in 2022 or they could be gone. 

What if the Falcons go 11-5, get to the NFCC or SB and Matt is playing lights out? AS and TF say thanks for getting us back in the championship hunt, best of luck with your new team?

9 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

I'm going to laugh so hard if we restructure Ryan and make him unmovable until his contract ends the crying will be so fun to watch

Think of it like this. There are multiple teams looking for a qb Matt Ryan is better than a good have of the league Qbs. Matt Ryan was never the problem. It was the strategy the coaches put in place. We have never had a good defense and our online has been questionable since Matt Ryan has been our Qb. Remember he was the league MVP. He still can play at a high level. He also have a coach that took Tannehill and made him a Good QB. So I will take my chances with Matt Ryan. 

6 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

Oh that makes sense too. I still think we keep Matty for at least 2 more years. You don't just get rid of a QB of his caliber, especially right now when you look around the league and see so many teams struggling with what everyone was saying is the next great QB prospect that they just drafted. I'm not pointing to any team in particular, it just seems like lots of teams are having turbulence at the QB position, and if we offloaded Matt then we would too.

What teams ? The Browns, Ravens, Bills, Chiefs, Texans, Cardinals, Chargers, Bengals all seem to have found they’re QBs of the future in the last 4 drafts 

59 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

Denial must be an interesting life no matter what you can't believe when your wrong.

Naw I unlike some, I need to see it. I learned along time ago while stationed in Southern and Northern California as a young Marine. Trust 50% of what I see and 10% of what I hear and read, so that leaves a whole lot of room for interpretation and grey areas. The only thing that consistent is pooo stinks

29 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

What teams ? The Browns, Ravens, Bills, Chiefs, Texans, Cardinals, Chargers, Bengals all seem to have found they’re QBs of the future in the last 4 drafts 

I guess I more of meant that a ton of teams have questions about their QB right now, including the Jets, Bears, Steelers, Saints, Panthers, Broncos, 49ers, Eagles, Redskins, Jags, and the Patriots.

9 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

What if the Falcons go 11-5, get to the NFCC or SB and Matt is playing lights out? AS and TF say thanks for getting us back in the championship hunt, best of luck with your new team?

Can’t do it Poker no chance the people that will chop your legs off thinking this way still think the teams the same with Quinn Koetter and co running it so of course AS and co will roll out the same **** show.

Purple/

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Can’t do it Poker no chance the people that will chop your legs off thinking this way still think the teams the same with Quinn Koetter and co running it so of course AS and co will roll out the same **** show.

Purple/

Dealing in probabilities.   NFCCG and SB for Falcons in 2021 is as much a fantasy as Djokovic losing your tennis tournament, kiwi.

57 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

To get back to the main point, TF appears to be doing some very canny moves.  So far so good.  This is nothing but a positive for the Falcons.  We have been listless and without direction for several years.  It feels like the ship is being repaired.  

So far, optimistic as ****.  At least for a long suffering fan.

I feel the same optimism.  I have stated my philosophy on here many times.  First, analyze the players you have, then create a strategy, scheme, and plan that allows those players to excel.  Coach everyone so that they all know what they are doing without thinking too much and have corrected bad habits.  The statements Smith and Fontenot have made about our players indicates they are analyzing everyone. 

Both have indicated that Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are not going anywhere.  I am not starting a debate so anyone who thinks we should trade them or cut them please go start your own thread that I can ignore.  I will not engage in more discussions about that.  Their statement makes sense relative to building the best Falcons team possible.  They are both productive players who cannot be cut or traded for a couple of seasons for financial reasons.

Ricardo Allen, Allen Bailey, and Kurt Benkert have been cut.  This was done without a single practice session.  It seems that deep analysis has been done and players who cannot help the team by staying on the roster will help by getting off the roster.  I cannot validate these cuts or challenge them.  I thought Ricardo Allen played at an average or journeyman level.  I will now believe that he has dropped below that level.  I think Arthur Smith can analyze that better than I can.  I do not remember Allen Bailey doing much.  I hoped Kurt Benkert would develop.  Apparently, it has been decided his ceiling was as a backup.  We can get a backup journeyman with game experience with a little luck in the FA market.  We can also use a talented rookie as a backup.

This is not a lot to ponder at this point.  But, the fact that Fontenot is cutting players lets us know that Smith and Fontenot are collaborating.  As I have stated many times, I was always suspicious of Dimitroff and suspect that he did not work well with others.  The fact that our front office appears to be working as a team in indicative of great improvements.  I am confident that Fontenot would not consider cutting a player without the full support of Arthur Smith.

Fortunately, we did not blow up the roster as some on here wanted.  We could start the season competitive.  How would you like quarterly wins/losses like this;  2-2  3-1  3-1  3-1  ?

That is possible.  You may have a second quarter with a 2-2 record, or one with a 4-0.  But, this team still has too much talent for an 8-8 or worse season.  Let's prepare to impose our will.

23 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I see it the other way around.  I think 2021 could be Julio’s last season as a Falcon.

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Optimism.

I have a feeling that AS and TF and co have this thing well in hand.I think they see no exactly what they have.

I also believe they have it well in hand - just see “what they will likely do” differently than you 😉

On 2/20/2021 at 9:14 AM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

We aren't getting squat if we move matt and julio because we wouldn't be able to manipulate their contracts. We would eat the 63+ mil that would cost and that would be it. We would have zero wiggle room

We will be footing most of the money anyway. The key is to get them off of the books, and get as many draft picks as you can.

23 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

That could happen, but those are the expectations anyway. I just don't get the logic that Dirk was the only reason we were not successful on offense.