Sounds Like TF Has A Handle On Things

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah ....I think we move Ryan.....       Right behind the center....

We aren't getting squat if we move matt and julio because we wouldn't be able to manipulate their contracts. We would eat the 63+ mil that would cost and that would be it. We would have zero wiggle ro

It is pointless trying to explain this.  You cannot reason with the dump Ryan fans.

28 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I expect to get some decent role players in FA this season and good depth support in the draft after we get a qb. 2022 should be the turning point year…Move Matt Ryan for picks in the draft and maybe Julio too then it’s really time to stack this team

We aren't getting squat if we move matt and julio because we wouldn't be able to manipulate their contracts. We would eat the 63+ mil that would cost and that would be it. We would have zero wiggle room

15 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

We aren't getting squat if we move matt and julio because we wouldn't be able to manipulate their contracts. We would eat the 63+ mil that would cost and that would be it. We would have zero wiggle room

It is pointless trying to explain this.  You cannot reason with the dump Ryan fans.

44 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Matt can def be moved in 2022 and his *** will be..what are you talking about ..

Edited by Macknsweetjones
3 hours ago, NorthGaBoy said:

This is where we are with them.  They have their heads so far up their own booty holes that no amount of logic or reason or common sense helps.  Just smile and nod and wait for the season to start with Matt under center, no QB at 4, and remind of of these moments every chance you get :)

They are like the crowd that said there wouldn't be a season.  Then that it wouldn't last 2 weeks.  Than a month.  Then til the playoffs.  Then til the SB.  They just stay moving goal posts and ignoring reality to fit their own craziness.  It's kinda funny.

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

But but but. I did this on Madden 21

34 minutes ago, athell said:

This is where we are with them.  They have their heads so far up their own booty holes that no amount of logic or reason or common sense helps.  Just smile and nod and wait for the season to start with Matt under center, no QB at 4, and remind of of these moments every chance you get :)

They are like the crowd that said there wouldn't be a season.  Then that it wouldn't last 2 weeks.  Than a month.  Then til the playoffs.  Then til the SB.  They just stay moving goal posts and ignoring reality to fit their own craziness.  It's kinda funny.

Bless their hearts 

Anyone else read the part where the guy in the article says he wouldn't touch Julio's or Calvin's contracts because we are likely going to trade them both next year? I could understand wanting to get out from under the biggest WR contract in the NFL, but why would we get rid of both of them?

4 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I expect to get some decent role players in FA this season and good depth support in the draft after we get a qb. 2022 should be the turning point year…Move Matt Ryan for picks in the draft and maybe Julio too then it’s really time to stack this team

Role players and depth. Ummm we need starting caliber safeties, running backs, defensive ends and probably a CB. Gurley was a good role model.

And moving MR in 2022? We're a ways from there yet, and his dead cap will still be large. Maybe we do after he has a near MVP season and he boosts his value off the charts. Time will tell on that, but I wouldn't call it a slam dunk.

Just now, ATLskinjob said:

Anyone else read the part where the guy in the article says he wouldn't touch Julio's or Calvin's contracts because we are likely going to trade them both next year? I could understand wanting to get out from under the biggest WR contract in the NFL, but why would we get rid of both of them?

Yeah, everyone acts like they are going together. Their situations are totally exclusive and separate from the other. One has nothing to do with the other.

2 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

We would not.  Write something controversial, your visibility increases. 

15 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Yeah, everyone acts like they are going together. Their situations are totally exclusive and separate from the other. One has nothing to do with the other.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. I think Ridley still hasn't hit his ceiling yet, so we give him a nice little contract next season and then watch him grow. I would hate to lose Julio, but I think we're already seeing diminishing returns on that contract and we need to start developing another main WR.

I just don't see what sense cutting Ridley would make right now.

24 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

He was talking about Ryan and Julio (not Ridley and Julio). Saying he wouldnt touch Jones contract because Ridley proved he is a WR1 so Ryan’s and Jones could be on their way out after this season. It does read a little confusing though, tweaking one word makes it much better...

We found out with Jones being hurt this year that Calvin Ridley can be a No. 1 receiver,” Corry said. “So, I wouldn’t restructure JONES either. Most likely, these two guys (Ryan & Jones) are playing their last year with the Falcons. They are probably getting traded next year.”

Corry believes that Ryan’s and Jones’ days are numbered with the Falcons.

4 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

The more I look at it, they probably don't go anywhere for two seasons.  I just don't see TF extending either or trying to radically rework their deals.

Definitely something they are seriously considering. Even if they take a QB at #4, there's no law they have to start him in 2022. Some will argue that would represent a heinous waste of at least one, if not two, of the rookie QB's cheap contract years.

If Ryan is back in sync next year and the team gets deep in the play-offs, I don't think anybody believes AS and TF still immediately trade him at the end of the season. Having Ryan back for another run at a SB would then be far more important than the fact it "wasted" an extra year of the rookie's cheap contract.

Everything's relative. AS and TF will have a plan for the future. But, they will also stay flexible and not box themselves into a corner. There are two certainties going forward:  they're going to piss off at least one, if not multiple factions of TATF at every fork in the road, and, they won't give a single dam what any swinging **** in TATF thinks regardless. :lol:

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

He was talking about Ryan and Julio (not Ridley and Julio). Saying he wouldnt touch Jones contract because Ridley proved he is a WR1 so Ryan’s and Jones could be on their way out after this season. It does read a little confusing though, tweaking one word makes it much better...

We found out with Jones being hurt this year that Calvin Ridley can be a No. 1 receiver,” Corry said. “So, I wouldn’t restructure JONES either. Most likely, these two guys (Ryan & Jones) are playing their last year with the Falcons. They are probably getting traded next year.”

Corry believes that Ryan’s and Jones’ days are numbered with the Falcons.

Oh that makes sense too. I still think we keep Matty for at least 2 more years. You don't just get rid of a QB of his caliber, especially right now when you look around the league and see so many teams struggling with what everyone was saying is the next great QB prospect that they just drafted. I'm not pointing to any team in particular, it just seems like lots of teams are having turbulence at the QB position, and if we offloaded Matt then we would too.

I also believe 2021 is Matt Ryan's last year w/ the Falcons.   I'm 50/50 on Julio being w/ Falcons past 2021.   Will depend on how his year and his health goes in 2021 if he sticks in 2022.   Falcons cannot move on from either player in 2021 but the juice has to be worth the squeeze w/ those two in 2022 or they could be gone. 

If Falcons draft a QB with #4, then Matt is certainly gone in 2022.