FA RBs to pair with a day 3 RB

Foo Falcons

@FalconFanSince1969 has a solid mock of us drafting two RBs that got me thinking. Its an interesting idea that would allow us to use our cap space elsewhere and its a solid way of going about our situation. However this post is about the possibility of signing a vet and drafting a later guy. Ito theoretically should be a good 3rd down RB but the concussion injury is a concern. Having a stable of RBs is a nice thought. We definitely could take two RBs and I think thats a solid idea however, if we choose to go veteran RB and later Rd RB, here are some options without taking the notable guys we all wouldn't mind having in Rds1-2, i.e. Harris, Ettiene, Williams. 

Free Agent RBs to consider as a starter (from best to worst):

Aaron Jones

Marlon Mack

Chris Carson

Kenyan Drake

Leveon Bell

Mike Davis

Gus Edwards (RFA)

Ty Montgomery

Mark Ingram

Jones would likely be a little pricy but not out of the realm of possibilities. Mack, Carson, Drake, and Edwards are guys I would love to add to compete for a starting role and woukdnr break the bank. All have solid size, experience, and could definitely thrive under ASmith. Guys like Bell, Davis, and Montgomery are more wildcards with potential but would have us all worried to an extent I would think going into 2021 as the presumed starter. Any mentioned above though could compete for a starting role with a drafted RB.

RBs possibly available from Rd4-6 (with solid backup potential):

Trey Sermon

Chubba Hubbard

Rhamondre Stevenson

Kenneth Gainwell

Kylin Hill

Khalil Herbert

Larry Rountree 

Demetric Felton

Most of us love the thought of Sermon in the 4th if he's there and understandably so, but there are plenty of options on day 3 likely. Hubbard could fall and be a more speedy backup while battling for a starting role. Gainwell is a solid dual threat guy. Stevenson could fight for a starting role as a bruiser. The rest have solid potential and could also vouch for early reps. Plenty of guys left off this list as well that are in the same boat. 

Again, the idea if drafting two RBs is a solid idea and might be the way we go however, in this scenario, who would yall like as a vet signing and later Rd guy? 

My dream scenario:

Sign Gus Edwards or Marlon Mack and have them compete with Sermon, Hubbard, or Gainwell to go along with Ito.

Then we can use the 2nd Rd pick on Richie Smith, Ronnie Perkins, CB, etc.

Edited by Foo Falcons

16 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

If we take a FA running back, I think from a price vs. potential productivity, Malcolm Brown may be a good option

Didn't think about him. Hes a possibility as well no doubt. I think Edwards and Mack can be signed for the same amount though in which case they definitely have more upside IMO

50 minutes ago, Falcons_time_is_now said:

Gus Edwards.....If Falcons are going to spend money on a free agent RB.....He is the guy that wont demand a huge amount of money and can deliver that knockout punch on all 3 downs. He was the main reason the Ravens moved Mark Ingram out the rotation.

Yea, but I think he will command more money than people think. 

2 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

@FalconFanSince1969 has a solid mock of us drafting two RBs that got me thinking. Its an interesting idea that would allow us to use our cap space elsewhere and its a solid way of going about our situation. However this post is about the possibility of signing a vet and drafting a later guy. Ito theoretically should be a good 3rd down RB but the concussion injury is a concern. Having a stable of RBs is a nice thought. We definitely could take two RBs and I think thats a solid idea however, if we choose to go veteran RB and later Rd RB, here are some options without taking the notable guys we all wouldn't mind having in Rds1-2, i.e. Harris, Ettiene, Williams. 

Aaron Jones

Marlon Mack

Chris Carson

Kenyan Drake

Gus Edwards

Leveon Bell

Mike Davis

Ty Montgomery

Jones would likely be a little pricy but not out of the realm of possibilities. Mack, Carson, Drake, and Edwards are guys I would love to add to compete for a starting role and woukdnr break the bank. All have solid size, experience, and could definitely thrive under ASmith. Guys like Bell, Davis, and Montgomery are more wildcards with potential but would have us all worried to an extent I would think going into 2021 as the presumed starter. Any mentioned above though could compete for a starting role with a drafted RB.

Trey Sermon

Chubba Hubbard

Rhamondre Stevenson

Kenneth Gainwell

Khalil Herbert

Larry Rountree 

Demetric Felton

Most of us love the thought of Sermon in the 4th if he's there and understandably so, but there are plenty of options on day 3 likely. Hubbard could fall and be a more speedy backup while battling for a starting role. Gainwell is a solid dual threat guy. Stevenson could fight for a starting role as a bruiser. The rest have solid potential and could also vouch for early reps. Plenty of guys left off this list as well that are in the same boat. 

Again, the idea if drafting two RBs is a solid idea and might be the way we go however, in this scenario, who would yall like as a vet signing and later Rd guy? 

My dream scenario:

Sign Gus Edwards or Marlon Mack and have them compete with Sermon, Hubbard, or Gainwell to go along with Ito.

Mike davis has been impressive. Hes actually worth a spot with a mid RB. He could be great in the henry role, and do his best Michael Turner impression.

For f**ks sake, people... do your freaking homework.

This is like the 100th thread I've seen in the last week suggesting we get Gus Edwards.

The dude is a RFA.

Baltimore has cap space to work with & will almost certainly place a 1st or 2nd round tender on Edwards. That means that the Falcons would have to offer Edwards a reasonable deal, which the Ravens would have the right to match.... and if they decide not to match the offer and thus allow the Falcons to sign Edwards, Atlanta would have to pay him AND give Baltimore their 2022 1st or 2nd round pick, depending on the tender Baltimore places on him.

We re not signing Gus Edwards.

5 hours ago, Foo Falcons said:

Aaron Jones

Marlon Mack

Chris Carson

Kenyan Drake

Gus Edwards

Leveon Bell

Mike Davis

Ty Montgomery

Trey Sermon

Chubba Hubbard

Rhamondre Stevenson

Kenneth Gainwell

Khalil Herbert

Larry Rountree 

Demetric Felton

My dream scenario:

Give me Mike Davis with Kylin Hill in the fifth. Pair them with Ito and Ollie and we have a solid RB room at basically the price we paid Gurley last year.

10 hours ago, Falcons_time_is_now said:

Gus Edwards.....If Falcons are going to spend money on a free agent RB.....He is the guy that wont demand a huge amount of money and can deliver that knockout punch on all 3 downs. He was the main reason the Ravens moved Mark Ingram out the rotation.

Hes not a UFA. Hes restricted.

8 hours ago, k-train said:

For f**ks sake, people... do your freaking homework.

This is like the 100th thread I've seen in the last week suggesting we get Gus Edwards.

The dude is a RFA.

Baltimore has cap space to work with & will almost certainly place a 1st or 2nd round tender on Edwards. That means that the Falcons would have to offer Edwards a reasonable deal, which the Ravens would have the right to match.... and if they decide not to match the offer and thus allow the Falcons to sign Edwards, Atlanta would have to pay him AND give Baltimore their 2022 1st or 2nd round pick, depending on the tender Baltimore places on him.

We re not signing Gus Edwards.

Get your panties out of a wad dude. And na I didn't know that.. in that case give me Marlon Mack

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Give me Mike Davis with Kylin Hill in the fifth. Pair them with Ito and Ollie and we have a solid RB room at basically the price we paid Gurley last year.

Yeah I'm definitely not opposed to Mike Davis. He could very well be a solid option for us. I haven't watched any of kylin Hill up to this point but hes got a similar build I believe. Id like a speed guy thrown in there somewhere but its not a necessity I reckon

10 hours ago, FalconBlood said:

Mike davis has been impressive. Hes actually worth a spot with a mid RB. He could be great in the henry role, and do his best Michael Turner impression.

He very well could. I picked him up in Fantasy last year so I know he was more than serviceable for them throughout the year. Id like a little more trust in the starting RB a la Marlon Mack or Chris Carson but then again they have the injury concerns.. hes likely a little cheaper than them probably which would help as well

14 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

Yeah I'm definitely not opposed to Mike Davis. He could very well be a solid option for us. I haven't watched any of kylin Hill up to this point but hes got a similar build I believe. Id like a speed guy thrown in there somewhere but its not a necessity I reckon

Some Kylin Hill highlights. 5'11 215 lbs. Not a burner been decent burst. Good eyes and balance. Runs hard. Good receiver.

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That group scares nobody, except AS, if that is he is given to complete on Sundays.

If this team truly wants to compete next year, then spend the draft capitol to do it. The easiest way to see tangible improvement in 2021 is a good running attack. Feature back must be drafted this year.

1 minute ago, PointSwayzee said:

That group scares nobody, except AS, if that is he is given to complete on Sundays.

If this team truly wants to compete next year, then spend the draft capitol to do it. The easiest way to see tangible improvement in 2021 is a good running attack. Feature back must be drafted this year.

That group will run over your as bro. Trust me. You must be one of these Najee or bust boys. Good luck with that.