First mock of the off-season. Kind of a combination of what I'd like to see versus what I expect from the off-season based on what little we've heard as far as philosophy goes from TF and Arthur.

Not gonna worry too much with salary cap numbers as of now until a number is set. The swings in which people think the cap will land are just too wild. Anywhere from 180-200 mil so guessing right now is futile.

This mock is going to hammer the secondary hard. I feel like every single spot needs to be replaced except AJ.

For us to have any chance of making any free agency noise though, a lot of contracts are going to have to get reworked.

Restructure

QB - Matt Ryan (Yes, some people will see this as 'kicking the can', but really its not. This year Ryan accounts for almost 23% of the total cap. Over the final two years of his contract he accounts for 18.3% and 15.2%. It's more about evening those numbers out to roughly 19% over the course of the next 3 years. )

LT - Jake Mathews (same deal with Jake. This year he's accounting for 11.1% of the cap, but over the next two years his cap hit actually goes down. 8.7% and 7.6% over the last two. Even that out to roughly 9% over the next 3.)

WR - Julio Jones (again, same situation. Julio's contract is at its peak this year at 12.6% of the cap taken up. A significant drop over the last two years. 8.5% and 8% over the last two years. That would round out to 9.7% over the final 3 years)

With these 3 moves we save 9% of our cap space this year which comes out to $16.74 million in cap space.

Extension

DT Grady Jarrett (sign him to a 3 year extension and back load it heavily. By that time Matt, Julio, Fowler won't even be on the books.)

Easily the potential to save 10+ mil.

Cuts

FS Ricardo Allen

DE Allen Bailey

LG James Carpenter

Not much to say about the cuts. The majority seen all of these coming from a mile away

Re-sign

K Younhoe Koo

OL Matt Gono

DE J. T. Mariner

Free Agency

FS Marcus Williams - PFF's 4th highest rated safety over the past 3 years.  TF knows him well.

UnitedUnfoldedAcornbarnacle-size_restric

CB Desmond King II - Our new slot CB and kick returner.

h2b4Ud.gifIcyTerrificGeese-max-1mb.gif

C Corey Linsley - Hard to find gifs of a center...but was top 5 at his position last year. This signing will have nearly the same impact that signing Alex Mack did. TF believes in a strong OL.

Draft

This is how I see the first 4 picks going as of now

1. JAX - QB Trevor Lawrence

2. NYJ - QB Zack Wilson

3. MIA - OT Penei Sewell

4. ATL - TRADE - The Denver Brocnos have been in on the QB sweepstakes all off-season and I see them making a move. We receive their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and next years 1st. DEN selects QB Tray Lance

9. ATL - CB Patrick Surtain II

35. ATL - RB Javonte Williams

40. ATL - S Jevon Holland

68. ATL - LB Dylan Moses

71. ATL - DT Tyler Shelvin

99. ATL - DE Carlos Basham JR

132. ATL - RB Chubba Hubbard

5th round comp ATL - DT Alim Mcneil

163. ATL - TE Hunter Long

6th round comp ATL - OC Drake Jackson

6th round comp ATL - QB Sam Ehlinger (our version of Taysom Hill)

Our new secondary

CB1 - AJ Terrell

CB2 - Patrick Surtain JR

Slot - Desmond King

FS - Marcus Williams

SS - Jevon Holland

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First mock of the off-season. Kind of a combination of what I'd like to see versus what I expect from the off-season based on what little we've heard as far as philosophy goes from TF and Arthur.

What are you trying to do, win a superbowl? Dang man. Great mock

Best I've seen...in line to what we need ....and more importantly in line for what I want...lol Man....you nailed this mock....

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Not gonna worry too much with salary cap numbers as of now until a number is set. The swings in which people think the cap will land are just too wild. Anywhere from 180-200 mil so guessing right now is futile.

This mock is going to hammer the secondary hard. I feel like every single spot needs to be replaced except AJ.

For us to have any chance of making any free agency noise though, a lot of contracts are going to have to get reworked.

Restructure

QB - Matt Ryan (Yes, some people will see this as 'kicking the can', but really its not. This year Ryan accounts for almost 23% of the total cap. Over the final two years of his contract he accounts for 18.3% and 15.2%. It's more about evening those numbers out to roughly 19% over the course of the next 3 years. )

LT - Jake Mathews (same deal with Jake. This year he's accounting for 11.1% of the cap, but over the next two years his cap hit actually goes down. 8.7% and 7.6% over the last two. Even that out to roughly 9% over the next 3.)

WR - Julio Jones (again, same situation. Julio's contract is at its peak this year at 12.6% of the cap taken up. A significant drop over the last two years. 8.5% and 8% over the last two years. That would round out to 9.7% over the final 3 years)

With these 3 moves we save 9% of our cap space this year which comes out to $16.74 million in cap space.

Extension

DT Grady Jarrett (sign him to a 3 year extension and back load it heavily. By that time Matt, Julio, Fowler won't even be on the books.)

Cuts

FS Ricardo Allen

DE Allen Bailey

LG James Carpenter

Not much to say about the cuts. The majority seen all of these coming from a mile away

Re-sign

K Younhoe Koo

OL Matt Gono

DE J. T. Mariner

Free Agency

FS Marcus Williams - PFF's 4th highest rated safety over the past 3 years.  TF knows him well.

C Corey Linsley - Hard to find gifs of a center...but was top 5 at his position last year. This signing will have nearly the same impact that signing Alex Mack did. TF believes in a strong OL.

Draft

2. NYJ - QB Zack Wilson

3. MIA - OT Penei Sewell

4. ATL - TRADE - The Denver Brocnos have been in on the QB sweepstakes all off-season and I see them making a move. We receive their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and next years 1st. DEN selects QB Tray Lance

68. ATL - LB Dylan Moses

Our new secondary

CB1 - AJ Terrell

CB2 - Patrick Surtain JR

Slot - Desmond King

FS - Marcus Williams

SS - Jevon Holland

Sold.

I don't think McNeil will last that long but if somehow he did then this would be a stellar draft. I don't think Hubbard is needed if we get Williams but that would be a good 1-2 punch no doubt about it. Do you have Hennessy battling Gono for LG I assume? Thats my only big issue. I'm tired of going into a season hoping the oline works rather than being confident 

1 minute ago, Foo Falcons said:

I don't think McNeil will last that long but if somehow he did then this would be a stellar draft. I don't think Hubbard is needed if we get Williams but that would be a good 1-2 punch no doubt about it. Do you have Hennessy battling Gono for LG I assume? Thats my only big issue. I'm tired of going into a season hoping the oline works rather than being confident 

Yea, that was the plan for LG. Thats why I signed a vet center. I'd much rather have a 100% solid center. I had to decide between finally giving the defense some love and pumping even more resources into the OL and I thought it was more important to get the defense going.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Yea, that was the plan for LG. Thats why I signed a vet center. I'd much rather have a 100% solid center. I had to decide between finally giving the defense some love and pumping even more resources into the OL and I thought it was more important to get the defense going.

And you drafted an OC.  Nice.  Nothing beats quality depth.

23 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Restructure

Extension

Cuts

FS Ricardo Allen

DE Allen Bailey

LG James Carpenter

Re-sign

K Younhoe Koo

OL Matt Gono

DE J. T. Mariner

Free Agency

Draft

2. NYJ - QB Zack Wilson

3. MIA - OT Penei Sewell

68. ATL - LB Dylan Moses

Our new secondary

CB1 - AJ Terrell

CB2 - Patrick Surtain JR

Slot - Desmond King

FS - Marcus Williams

SS - Jevon Holland

Love it. Great mock man

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Totally reasonable. If we could get Williams and King in FA that would be amazing man. Then pairing Surtain will Terrell on the outside.. Definitely loving that idea. As much as I'd like a veteran in FA at LG, if this happened instead I'd be very excited. And if ASmith is the offensive guy he seems to be then Gono or Hennessy should do at LG really. Linsley would certainly help.

All the mocks on this site are definitely needs based. GM Fontenot has said "We will draft BPA and not needs based". It's what I do as well because it's what I'm used with TommyD. This draft will be very interesting. I can't wait because I have no idea what to expect.  

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Restructure

Extension

Cuts

FS Ricardo Allen

DE Allen Bailey

LG James Carpenter

Re-sign

K Younhoe Koo

OL Matt Gono

DE J. T. Mariner

Free Agency

Draft

2. NYJ - QB Zack Wilson

3. MIA - OT Penei Sewell

68. ATL - LB Dylan Moses

Our new secondary

CB1 - AJ Terrell

CB2 - Patrick Surtain JR

Slot - Desmond King

FS - Marcus Williams

SS - Jevon Holland

Love it, one of better offseason plans I’ve seen in here.

1 minute ago, *TMo* said:

All the mocks on this site are definitely needs based. GM Fontenot has said "We will draft BPA and not needs based". It's what I do as well because it's what I'm used with TommyD. This draft will be very interesting. I can't wait because I have no idea what to expect.  

BPA is a GM speak myth. 

Like everything except for Dylan Moses and Marcus Williams. Moses can’t cover Tom Brady on an option route. Not really interested in LBs that can’t cover. Only reason I don’t like Williams is because the cost. Fontenot made a living by finding the under the radar signings. I think someone will throw big money at Williams. 

Normally am not one for a trade-based or moving parts mock, but I can get to that.

Seems realistic enough from the restructures all the way through. Super high on Surtain in a trade down and also think that RB is going to rip it up. Appreciate how you secure the Secondary & OL too.