Perfect Replacement for Keanu Neal!

slider

18 minutes ago, Captain Insano said:

I’m thinking we re-sign Neal. He’s been injured in the past so I don’t think he will be that expensive to keep. I don’t like the idea of going into the year with two new starting safeties. I know I’m in the minority, but I think he signs for a team friendly deal.

Neal is pretty much a box safety. I think we'd sign a coverage linebacker/safety hybrid type player before we bring Neal back to play deeper.

38 minutes ago, primetime said:

The only FA Im 100% sold on keeping is Neale. There is others I see as valuable to resign but he is the One difference maker we have. Grady, Debo, Neale and AJ need to be the foundation pieces to build Peel’s defence around.

Neal is a liability in coverage. He was picked on all season long. Koramoah gives you the thumping power of Neal, run support and coverage Hybrid LB/S.

36 minutes ago, slider said:

PFN has him ranked 13th in the draft. That's not much of a reach. Little bit of a need play.

I think that's really high for him, but there's your hybrid safety linebacker if I'm thinking of the right video I watched. JMHO but Chase, Smith, Sewell, Pitts are your non-QB BPA picks inside the top 7. If I'm reaching, I reach for Surtain. But if Pitts is there, there's no other choice worth looking at.

Trade down again if that's your target.

1 hour ago, Captain Insano said:

I’m thinking we re-sign Neal. He’s been injured in the past so I don’t think he will be that expensive to keep. I don’t like the idea of going into the year with two new starting safeties. I know I’m in the minority, but I think he signs for a team friendly deal.

Man I hope you’re right but I don’t feel it 

2 hours ago, Captain Insano said:

Shouldn't matter if the safeties are new, it's a different system. 

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We’ve actually already got that guy on the roster 

https://images.app.goo.gl/5uoSXMGQpQUutysp6

Maybe?? I don't remember him in coverage too much last year. I do remember Neal in coverage and his days of any sort of coverage, is a thing of the past. He never was good, now he is a huge liability. 

Let Dan Quinn have his Chancellor clone, that never became anything close to actual player. Few highlight hits, but vastly overrated here. WillyMo was the better SS and Falcon. That was a SS with some ball hawking skills, and hamstrings of a 90 year old man as well.

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

Maybe?? I don't remember him in coverage too much last year. I do remember Neal in coverage and his days of any sort of coverage, is a thing of the past. He never was good, now he is a huge liability. 

Let Dan Quinn have his Chancellor clone, that never became anything close to actual player. Few highlight hits, but vastly overrated here. WillyMo was the better SS and Falcon. That was a SS with some ball hawking skills, and hamstrings of a 90 year old man as well.

WillyMo a few good years, but he stole a lot money from blank as well as Neal.

Nature of the beast. Much like RB, SS is one of the roughest positions in football.

57 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I was looking at him today Vandy, and I hope Pees can do something with him. As a 4th rounder hopefully he's got some skills.

He indeed has some skills celt, as does walker, Marlon, Oliver, Sheff, Cominsky, and Terrell of course......I’m really looking forward to seeing what pees does with this ragtag group. Foye kinda broke out last year,  maybe a couple of these will break out with better coaching?

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He indeed has some skills celt, as does walker, Marlon, Oliver, Sheff, Cominsky......I’m really looking forward to seeing what pees does with this ragtag group. Foye kinda broke out last year,  maybe a couple of these will break out with better coaching?

Oh yeah I noticed Foye. He's huge now. PEDs. 🤣🤣🤣 or that's what happens to good players when they get out of college and devote all their time to being a professional. Dennard looked decent too in spot duty.

Now if Pees can get Senat on the field, color me impressed. 

There's also some guys on the Titans I'm waiting to see if they get cut. I was reading up on them and most of them had down years after very good seasons in 2019 and they were listed as possible cap casualties. Hmmm I wonder why? No Pees, no pudding. Now we should be able to pick a couple of them off with discounted contracts maybe. They were solid under Pees in '19.

Back to Jaylen H. Was he injured or only got limited time when starters were out? He seemed to play one game and then not see a snap for 3 weeks. That happened twice. If you check out game logs he played about once a month.