Will Calvin Ridley be a Falcon long term?

2 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

I agree with you, thing is..... those three you listed are among the best that ever played the game.   No, Oluokun isn't as good as them, but he won't be asking to get paid like them, either.

DeVondre Campbell got paid by the Cardinals.   He isn't as good as Oluokun is now.  And I think Oluokun will get even -better-....  plus Oluokun is good on all three downs.

At this point, I would put Oluokun at the top of the list of players to keep.

I like Oluokun. I would love for him to remain a Falcon.

It's gonna be some hard decisions coming over the next 2 years.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ridley is already an All-Pro WR(2nd team). He is definitely a top 10 WR right now. Could emerge in top 5 discussions soon if Smith fixes the offense.   ......and if he stops running backward

I think you have to look at it with a wide angle lens, factoring in the cap ramifications over the next several years. 2021 This is the final year of Ridley's current deal & he will be 27 years

Agreed 100% yeh julio spent a lot of time on the sideline but  it's those 4-8m fringe starter guys that gutted this team. Rico, carpenter, brown, trufant and alford, bailey, clayborn (prob the only on

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I like Oluokun. I would love for him to remain a Falcon.

It's gonna be some hard decisions coming over the next 2 years.

Yeah.... cross your fingers that our new decisionmakers are up to it.

I really like Ridley.    If we could keep all four players, Ridley Hurst Gono and Oluokun,  that would be fantastic!  I just don't think its feasible.

WR's depend so much on the QB.  Remember 2016?   Our top four WRs were Julio, Sanu, Gabriel and Robinson.   Gabriel and Robinson were street FAs, in fact.... Taylor Gabriel is a FA -right now-.   I think we can find more WR's....

On 2/19/2021 at 2:48 PM, JCITOW said:

May we ask why this is your view?

I don't consider Ridley to be worth what it will cost to keep him. IMO there are precious few WRs that remotely approach the cost to retain them at the price they generally fetch. IMO Ridley simply isn't one of them. The Comp Pick has value; use it to build the roster. There are a multitude of very good WRs coming into the league each year in today's game. Our current roster situation isa  great example of how not to have sustained success.

He's a great player.  But in a way, these style of lifetime contracts are increasingly becoming a thing of the past.  The college ranks turn out a large amount of offensively skilled players.  WR and RB can be found and contribute in later rounds or even undrafted FA.  I'd love Calvin to stay, but unless the new management see his value against price and availability of other players, will predicate whether he stays or not.  

My guess is that he stays.  How much?  No idea.  How long?  Again, no idea.

At the rate he’s playing and improving yeah you pay him.  You can’t just let good players walk because their rookie contract is up.  Now if we draft a WR that proves to be a legit # 1 before it’s time to pay Ridley then it’s a possibility.  I like Gage but we all know he’s not a # 1 and while he put up decent #s last season with Julio out I still only see him as a good #3.  

13 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Austin Hooper wanted the big bucks.... his performance declined after he left the falcons.  

Ridley needs to be paid well.  but not super star money.

I think Hooper will do better stats wise next year. He blocked a **** of a lot better than he ever did down here tho.