“Only two players away from playing in the Super Bowl”.

This is really bad.

We have to get Alex Mack back.

We're going to let Todd Gurley test the market.

I mean, does anyone really think either of them are back next season?  Mack is a possibility, but I don't see us burning up a lot of FA dollars on him.  Gurley is gone.  Point blank.

9 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

It's kind of a dumb take, but to be perfectly honest we would have been in the playoffs last year with the same team, just different coaches. Add an FS and either a great DE or RB and we could do damage. 

Yep. Falcons had 9 games decided by 7 points or less, the most in the NFL, and they only won 1 of them. 5 of those losses were by a combined 12 points. 

Now take that team and replace Dirk Koetter with a guy who made Ryan Tannehill a pro bowler and Quinn with a 12 year DC whose defenses have finished top 10 in scoring in all but 2 seasons. 

There's going to be growing pains and roster turnover (remember, we were 7-5 in 2016 before going on a tear), but I think this is a great staff that can take a currently mediocre team to the next level. 

10 hours ago, JDaveG said:

This is really bad.

I mean, does anyone really think either of them are back next season?  Mack is a possibility, but I don't see us burning up a lot of FA dollars on him.  Gurley is gone.  Point blank.

Glad I read the comments before watching that crap. 

13 hours ago, JDaveG said:

This is really bad.

Gurley will be lucky if he’s not testing the super market. Please don’t put the potatoes in the same bag as the potato chips, Todd. 

Stop the BS. We need a top ten player at LG, RT, C, FS, SS, CB, LB, and a couple of EDGE guys. We need MR2 to play like a top ten QB again. We need the team to learn the new O & D systems and terminology. We need the new coaching staff and front office to be above average. We need better depth. We need better on the field leadership.

Don't expect a bunch of rookies to come in and play top ten at their position. We hope for that every year and it just doesn't happen. There's a big learning curve. Don't expect a bunch of top ten free agents to come here either. We've kicked the cap can down the road too often and here Mathis is talking about doing it again by going to Ryan and Jones. 

The only way the Falcons are going to the super bowl this year is if they buy tickets. I'll be happy if they go 7-9, but they probably won't even do that well.

20 hours ago, hjerry said:

This is a joke right? I mean, I've already advocated that we can improve this team with specific moves to become a potential playoff team, but SB level just with a couple of moves?

Kindly take off the homer glasses and step away from the fandom

The Falcons could very easily be a super bowl contender by 2022. They should be in the playoffs in 2021.

I’ll just say this.....UNBELIEVABLE!!  I couldn’t even watch that. Title says it all.  As many have stated, we need serious help on both lines, a rb and safety help at bare minimum.  How does anyone without massive cap space and/or multiple draft night over achievements even begin to think it’s so easy.  I’d say if we shore up lines and safety, get Matt a running game and he/author girl quickly, maybe we could sneak in playoffs (maybe 9-7ish) but it’s gonna take a cpl years to get everything in place for a deep run imho.  

2 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

Playing in the superbowl. They've been there and done that twice. Lets win one for a change. I know I know...gotta get in to win. I'm being petty. But the heck with playing in one.

Agreed. This team has accomplished all else that can be accomplished in this league. I need that last step to call any season a true "success." 

We can have good seasons. I can fill confident about the future. I can revel in a single victory in a lost season (especially if its against that Saints). That said, "success" = Superbowl. I won't be miserable if we don't get there. However, how great would it be to finally just exhale and feel good about how it ended? I don't want a wild celebration or a parade. I just want a moment of total satisfaction with this team.

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

Agreed. This team has accomplished all else that can be accomplished in this league. I need that last step to call any season a true "success." 

We can have good seasons. I can fill confident about the future. I can revel in a single victory in a lost season (especially if its against that Saints). That said, "success" = Superbowl. I won't be miserable if we don't get there. However, how great would it be to finally just exhale and feel good about how it ended? I don't want a wild celebration or a parade. I just want a moment of total satisfaction with this team.

Yep SB win or bust. If you get there and dont win. Just dont get there.

This franchise will have to completely rebuild this team after we get out of our cap space tant before we can even sniff a Superbowl.. Thats why i didn't understand the contracts for our HC and GM.. If everything goes right maybe 5 years from now we can be competitive again, but we've got to fix our cap situation first.. Honestly dont care if we sign udfa's for our entire oline the next few years.. Ryan will have to make the best of it.. But continually pisssing our cap away signing has beens just to win 4 games a year is absolutely stupid.. Start the rebuild now, at least we can have some hope down the road.. No HC or GM can fix this cluster frig we have now