• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he’s a trash QB and always has been trash. He’s also delusional enough to believe that he’s a great QB and should be paid like one.    If he woke up and realized he’s just an extra body

I know it's not popular around here to pull for him, but that move would make sense.  I hope he can revive his career somewhere.

I'll take him over Trubisky

24 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Matt Ryan is Gumby. Not saying he’s Brady, but he’s also not Brees and Manning, who both were saddled with various arm injuries in their 30’s.....

Fair, but no one seemed concerned until they cut Benkert, preseason warrior but he wasn’t winning us any games come regular season.  If Matt went down with or without Kurt, we were done.

19 minutes ago, Rings said:

Fair, but no one seemed concerned until they cut Benkert, preseason warrior but he wasn’t winning us any games come regular season.  If Matt went down with or without Kurt, we were done.

I’ve said the same many times. Our backup QB is irrelevant. If we lose Matt for any amount of time, our season is over. 

It's not fair to say he is a joke or trash. He had some great moments and he played with heart and made the game fun. I mean look at his official team photo:
NewtCa00_2020.jpg

The guy is a goofball and that's okay.

The NFL did nothing to protect him like they do guys like Brady or Manning. He took a lot of cheap shots that should have been flagged. His body broke down way too early. His MVP season was pretty remarkable and he deserved the award. His 70 career rushing touchdowns are a QB record that no other player will probably touch. 

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

It's not fair to say he is a joke or trash. He had some great moments and he played with heart and made the game fun. I mean look at his official team photo:
NewtCa00_2020.jpg

The guy is a goofball and that's okay.

The NFL did nothing to protect him like they do guys like Brady or Manning. He took a lot of cheap shots that should have been flagged. His body broke down way too early. His MVP season was pretty remarkable and he deserved the award. His 70 career rushing touchdowns are a QB record that no other player will probably touch. 

C’mon man there is a difference in how Brady and Manning play to how Cam played.  Cam in his early days and I’m sure even last year played the QB position like a FB at times.  Everyone is on this “there is a turn coming in how the QB position is played” and that is somewhat true but I’m a firm believer in that once the QB is out of the pocket that’s he’s just like a RB.  Now Cam did take some nasty hits in the pocket that should have drawn some flags but he also took a lot of hits acting as a RB that shortened his career and I see the same thing coming for guys like Mahomes and Allen.  The only difference is that some of the younger mobile QBs have learned to not take those hits and that will help but we’ll still see more QBs go down with injury at a higher rate than in past years because of this “evolution of the game” that the league seems to be on.  Will be interested to see if these new QBs are able to play into their late 30s like QBs of past/present are doing now.  

3 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

C’mon man there is a difference in how Brady and Manning play to how Cam played.  Cam in his early days and I’m sure even last year played the QB position like a FB at times.  Everyone is on this “there is a turn coming in how the QB position is played” and that is somewhat true but I’m a firm believer in that once the QB is out of the pocket that’s he’s just like a RB.  Now Cam did take some nasty hits in the pocket that should have drawn some flags but he also took a lot of hits acting as a RB that shortened his career and I see the same thing coming for guys like Mahomes and Allen.  The only difference is that some of the younger mobile QBs have learned to not take those hits and that will help but we’ll still see more QBs go down with injury at a higher rate than in past years because of this “evolution of the game” that the league seems to be on.  Will be interested to see if these new QBs are able to play into their late 30s like QBs of past/present are doing now.  

I'm talking about the hits he took in the pocket. He always understood that the way he played the game would shorten his career. There is no question. But there is no reason for the late cheap shots he took. Go back to the 2015 playoffs or the 2016 season he was getting killed out there and the refs let that happen. Whatever their reasons it was messed up.

Just now, Jesus said:

I'm talking about the hits he took in the pocket. He always understood that the way he played the game would shorten his career. There is no question. But there is no reason for the late cheap shots he took. Go back to the 2015 playoffs or the 2016 season he was getting killed out there and the refs let that happen. Whatever their reasons it was messed up.

Yeah he did take some nasty hits in the pocket back then.  Never been a Cam fan, rubbed me the wrong way with gloating when winning and sobbing when losing.  Wonder if that’s why he didn’t get some of those calls he probably should have gotten at times 

Just now, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Yeah he did take some nasty hits in the pocket back then.  Never been a Cam fan, rubbed me the wrong way with gloating when winning and sobbing when losing.  Wonder if that’s why he didn’t get some of those calls he probably should have gotten at times 

He did some dickish thing like running away from the team during commercial breaks to stretch and pose. It was weird. But there is no denying he was having fun out there, which is something the No Fun League needs more of.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

He did some dickish thing like running away from the team during commercial breaks to stretch and pose. It was weird. But there is no denying he was having fun out there, which is something the No Fun League needs more of.

True and the thing is that if he was a Falcon I probably would have loved it lol.  

The backup QB needs to be someone like Schaub was to Ryan; another set of eyes, someone whose familiar with the system, and Cam doesn’t strike me as being that guy. I’m thinking we will end up with a backup that has worked with Arthur Smith or Dave Ragone; is that Trubisky (doubtful), Mike Glennon (possibly), or DeShon Kizer (I sure hope not)? 

Edited by 4dabirds
4 hours ago, Rings said:

Yeah, after 2016 especially I never understood the Schaub/Benkert roles.  There were better options out there. Both were waisted cap space to me.

3 hours ago, thanat0s said:

I’ve said the same many times. Our backup QB is irrelevant. If we lose Matt for any amount of time, our season is over. 

It doesn’t have to be that way, that’s on management. You sign/draft a viable backup for that contingency  plan.

8 hours ago, Jesus said:

Agreed. That plus very poor coaching at Carolina played a role in all that too.