• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he’s a trash QB and always has been trash. He’s also delusional enough to believe that he’s a great QB and should be paid like one.    If he woke up and realized he’s just an extra body

I know it's not popular around here to pull for him, but that move would make sense.  I hope he can revive his career somewhere.

I'll take him over Trubisky

Haven't heard of any interest by any team wanting Cam as starter or back-up this off-season, but that doesn't mean he and his agent aren't talking to some clubs.

No secret there are teams needing a QB who would be amenable to a veteran, but we wouldn't be in a position to pay him what he would be asking to come here.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

There's rumors about mutual interest in Washington.

Ron Rivera and Newton could potentially reunite. Marty Hurney is also a part of Washington's FO now. Hurney was the GM of the Panthers at the time they drafted Newton.

I know it's not popular around here to pull for him, but that move would make sense.  I hope he can revive his career somewhere.

To be honest I think Cam would be a terrible backup, especially for us. He's not at all similar to our starter, meaning the offense would either have to change radically or he would be played wrongly if he had to start. Secondly he doesn't fit Smith's offensive scheme at all. And thirdly you want your backup QB to either be in a position to teach something to the starter or learn something from him, and Cam is not in a position to do either.

5 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

There's rumors about mutual interest in Washington.

Ron Rivera and Newton could potentially reunite. Marty Hurney is also a part of Washington's FO now. Hurney was the GM of the Panthers at the time they drafted Newton.

It would be a great spot for Newton to land in.   Thing is, would Cam be good for Washington?  

6 hours ago, Lornoth said:

To be honest I think Cam would be a terrible backup, especially for us. He's not at all similar to our starter, meaning the offense would either have to change radically or he would be played wrongly if he had to start. Secondly he doesn't fit Smith's offensive scheme at all. And thirdly you want your backup QB to either be in a position to teach something to the starter or learn something from him, and Cam is not in a position to do either.

Very good points.

1 minute ago, Rings said:

Ryan has missed three games his entire career.  He’s started 205/208, or 99%.  I think it’s humorous how concerned people are about the backup QB spot when they more than likely won’t even see the field other than preseason and garbage time.

Matt Ryan is Gumby. Not saying he’s Brady, but he’s also not Brees and Manning, who both were saddled with various arm injuries in their 30’s.....