I think this is a possibility.

Disclaimer:  I am not sure I want the Falcons to do this but I think it might be an option. I think we trade down from 4 to get extra picks. However, we trade with someone who has a pick high enough that we could get Trey Lance with our new first pick. My reasons as to why this might happen:

1. Ryan will almost definitely be the starter next year allowing Lance to sit on the bench and learn from Ryan. 

2.  We no longer have a backup QB. Our next backup needs to be one who can not just back up but who we expect to be our future starter. 

3. Lance could help immediately in “Sanu-type” wildcat formations. This could especially be helpful in goal line/red zone situations where we struggled over the past few years. 

4. By trading out of 4 we gain more draft capital while drafting Lance at a pick that might be more of a realistic value than he would be at 4. 

5. In my opinion Lance has potentially as high or higher ceiling than any of the others. He also has the potential to bust. I know he is lacking experience but he does have some serious skills. He is the most interesting prospect out of all of them. 

Again, I am not advocating this but I also could see the logic in it if we did it. I do feel that it makes sense at some levels. Your thoughts?

3 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

I like the kid too, if we trade down a bit, he could be a bonus pick that still let's us draft to win now while developing for the future.

Also he's just 20 years old right now.

If we have to get. QB this year, that's the guy I want

I’m starting to come to that conclusion too. At least out of the group of Lawrence, Fields, Wilson and Lance. I would also be ok if they really like someone else they can draft later. But out of the top 4 this might be the best option. 

1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

Disclaimer:  I am not sure I want the Falcons to do this but I think it might be an option. I think we trade down from 4 to get extra picks. However, we trade with someone who has a pick high enough that we could get Trey Lance with our new first pick. My reasons as to why this might happen:

1. Ryan will almost definitely be the starter next year allowing Lance to sit on the bench and learn from Ryan. 

2.  We no longer have a backup QB. Our next backup needs to be one who can not just back up but who we expect to be our future starter. 

3. Lance could help immediately in “Sanu-type” wildcat formations. This could especially be helpful in goal line/red zone situations where we struggled over the past few years. 

4. By trading out of 4 we gain more draft capital while drafting Lance at a pick that might be more of a realistic value than he would be at 4. 

5. In my opinion Lance has potentially as high or higher ceiling than any of the others. He also has the potential to bust. I know he is lacking experience but he does have some serious skills. He is the most interesting prospect out of all of them. 

Again, I am not advocating this but I also could see the logic in it if we did it. I do feel that it makes sense at some levels. Your thoughts?

You will only get 2 extra picks in this draft and some picks next year. So 1st Rd  (8th pick) maybe another in the 2nd and 3rd, so 7-8 picks. Will we be able to sign all those picks?

2 minutes ago, gtech1 said:

That's the trade actually.  4 for the 8, Panthers 2nd, and maybe a 3rd next year.  Then draft Lance at 8.

That may be it exactly or something close to it anyway. From that point forward, Lance and Fields/Wilson will be forever linked and we will always look back to decide who got the better end of the trade. Kind of like Trae Young and the guy from the Mavericks

It depends on what his value is come draft time.  His value might not allow us to trade back and still draft him.  I believe we will do our due diligence on each of these QBs to find who fits us best and that'll determine whether we trade up or down to get one of these guys if we want them

17 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

He's a better candidate to sit for a year or two.  And netting extra picks would be the smart move.  

Yeah that’s kinda my thinking too. The more I think about it I can see and be ok with any realistic scenario that does not involve us trading up for pick 1,2 or 3 to draft a QB. Best case scenario is still trading down, gathering multiple picks and getting a QB later in the draft. 

11 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I’m starting to come to that conclusion too. At least out of the group of Lawrence, Fields, Wilson and Lance. I would also be ok if they really like someone else they can draft later. But out of the top 4 this might be the best option. 

Well I mean

If Lawrence was there at 4 and we DIDN'T take him

then we would never live it down

10 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

That may be it exactly or something close to it anyway. From that point forward, Lance and Fields/Wilson will be forever linked and we will always look back to decide who got the better end of the trade. Kind of like Trae Young and the guy from the Mavericks

Now you have the Eagles in the QB mix at 6...too risky in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I would feel a lot better taking him at 20 while also having gotten more picks in a trade down than I would at 4 with no additional picks. 

Same here.  I really don’t know much about him other than his draft stock has been climbing.  I completely understand taking a QB but I just wouldn’t do it at 4.  

9 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

If the Eagles move up it would likely be for Fields or Wilson. 

Yeah, I think that is honestly who we trade(Eagles) with if we move out of #4. It would be a reach value wise, but I would charge them a 2nd to move up 2 spots. Take it or leave it situation. Pretty desperate situation in Philly right now.

Edited by PointSwayzee
8 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Yeah, I think that is honestly who we trade(Eagles) with if we move out of #4. It would be a reach value wise, but I would charge them a 2nd to move up 2 spots. Take it or leave it situation. Pretty desperate situation in Philly right now.

I dunno - I think that Lurie is pretty sold on Jalen Hurts for now. I see the Eagles going for a receiver more than a QB.