22 hours ago, TTU Falcon said:

Only thing that makes sense to me is that Arthur Smith has a QB they want to bring in free agency that already has familiarity with his verbiage and system to help Matt/new QB to learn faster.  With having no QB already on the roster with experience in his system and playcalls I could see that as a gap I'd want filled if I was in Smith's shoes.  I don't think it necessarily means we are taking a QB high.

That said, there may also be more to the injury he had than we know or they didn't really think he was a good player.  That said, I personally thought he looked okay during those preseason games he played, more good than bad and to me he didn't make enough mistakes to want to cut bait with him.  It would be a different situation if he stunk it up.

Only backup QBs that were on the Titans during his two seasons as OC were Succup who is an FA and Woodside who is still under contract with the Titans. So if they are getting a QB through FA I'd guess Succup would be the guy.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never got the TATF love affair with Kurt Benkert... Toodles!

lol some of you are going to be soooooooooooooo disappointed come draft night and I'm here for it!

I think Benkert could be a great pick up on another team and also prove that the QB market price is ridiculous.

50 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

Only backup QBs that were on the Titans during his two seasons as OC were Succup who is an FA and Woodside who is still under contract with the Titans. So if they are getting a QB through FA I'd guess Succup would be the guy.

This would be a good guess.  The best backup is the one who knows the system inside and out   He's no great QB, but, he knows the lingo, scheme and should be able to relate that to Matt.  

1 hour ago, TheHeartless said:

11 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

This would be a good guess.  The best backup is the one who knows the system inside and out   He's no great QB, but, he knows the lingo, scheme and should be able to relate that to Matt.  

If I were a betting man, I would think it likely he is on the roster before the draft.